Bender had babies and hasnt shared.

bender77

Oh snap, I've been called out
I've only taken 1 picture so far. I still haven't seen them eat, so I'm getting a little worried. They arrived at 9 last night

S

shrimpy brains

Awesome!! Congrats and good luck with them! Please keep us posted!

bender77

I'm using Dan's enrichment from SS. I still have a lot that aren't eating at all :eek:( I've added some rotifers. Maybe they ate some of those and I can't see it. I do I have couple with orange bellies. I hope to get at least 1 to make it, but it is my first attempt, so I will try not to be too disappointed.

teresaq

I understand, My first batch, I had about 20 make it to 6 weeks, then they just started dropping. I wish mine would hurry up and have some more, though I am not hopful of my one male making it.
T

novahobbies

Wow, those look too cute for words! Congrats, Bender!
..... we sound like you actually had some part to play in the, ahem, "deed!"

bender77

Well the babies are a week old. I lost most of them, they would never eat. I proabably still have about 20 and of those maybe 10 are doing well. They have grown a bit, maybe doubled in size, but they are still tiny LOL. I'll just keep on until they are gone. Maybe I'll get lucky. LOL Mom and dad tried again the day after they were born, but he missed the eggs. Today he and they other female are flirting a bit. I'd just like or him to hold off until all these either die or grow. Probably won't get that lucky LOL

teresaq

The first batch is always the hardest.
What is your nurcery tank like. are you cleaning the bottom of the tank several times a day.
Do you have any scatching, how is your ammonia
T

bender77

I clean the bottom all the time. My ammonia has never gotten above 0.25 and that was only once. I change water every day. I did a formulin treatment when I first got them and have seen very little scratching, mostly in the beginning, none lately. I just had a lot that I could never get to eat anything. I'm not overly disappointed, will see how it goes from here. It just stinks sucking the little dead bodies out.

bender77

Well, they are 2 weeks old today. I still have 12, but I think only 10 are doing well. I've introduced shaved mysis and cyclops. They get eaten occasionally, but the babies still prefer the pods that are exploding in the tank (I think they came from the cycled filter) and BBS. They are growing. So far all is well, but we still have a long way to go.