BEST aquarium in the US!

tatoush

:joy: Growing up and living in massachusetts, the new england aquarium was a favorite place to go. Its pretty accesible and the large main tank is amazing... besides the aquarium there are other nice things to do in boston when vacationing....check out a tour of our overinflated downtown contsruction project. On the lighter side, a duck tours boat ride is pretty fun, even for locals. As far as the Georgia Aquarium, I went down on a business trip about a month ago and couldn't go to the aquarium because they sold out in the morning and I had to catch an afternoon flight. If you are going to go to the Georgia Aquarium, I would highly recommend making online reservations. Good Luck
Lev

lovethesea

Originally Posted by jr2857
Got any idea what tank size that is?

If I remember correctly its about 7 million gallons :scared:

jr2857

Is that in Atlanta? The second biggest aquarium (single tank) is in Japan at more than 1,000,000 gallons with 3 whale sharks

S

sarah fair

The 7 million is a single tank (in atlanta)...its got a few whale sharks...and they have balooga whales too!

popnfrresh

wow. nice. I know the camden nj aquarium has a 750,000 open ocean tank. Not too much reef fish though.. Prolly has 3-5 tanks. This place seems to have more birds,animals then fish.
I didnt remember the coney island one having any reef exhibits. Its also kinda small. 11$ admission

cmatt3

Its been a while since I have been there but the aquarium in the inner harbor of Baltimore was very nice from what I remember. I don't remember if they had much reef display though. I was in Hawaii last year and many people were let down with the waikiki aquarium, my wife and I decided not to go because so many people said it was very average... We may have just gotten some bad advice though.

weesh

Originally Posted by Sarah Fair
Well there isnt to to much to do down here in Ga..

Gotta be kidding me.
The Fox theatre constantly has shows along with numerous smaller venues of live music.
We have a Symphony Orchestra which is one of the best in the world.
Amazing restaurant selections.
The High Museum of Art.
Stone Mountain is IMHO now a tourist trap. I hate going there.
I've been to the GA Aquarium twice and still haven't seen all of it. They have two Whale Sharks, the largest fish in the world there in addition to four Beluga whales. It's an amazing undertaking. It's best to make reservations online so you don't have to wait forever to buy tickets. http://georgiaaquarium.org/
->Ken

bigtang803

I don't know about it being the best in the world. But is the second largest in the world. I went about 3 weeks ago to the Atlanta Aquarium. it is awsome. large reef's huge facility. it is truley a sight to be seen. I would recomend it to anyone. But buy your tickets online in advance, they sell out everyday. it is super nice :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

fisherson

Now i really gotta go to georgia!
or steve weasts house cause that tank is incredible and SHOULD be on display at one of these aquariums.
I'm still working on my 20,000 gallon reef tank....only 19,945 more gallons to go!!!!!!!!
Thanks for all the reply's everyone i defeinetly got it down to 2 locations.

bs21

Originally Posted by cmatt3
Its been a while since I have been there but the aquarium in the inner harbor of Baltimore was very nice from what I remember. I don't remember if they had much reef display though.
its been awhile since i've been there but i remember it being pretty cool. plus lots of other stuff to do there............ better yet you could see the aquarium there then get aboard a cruise ship and go diving in cozumel or the bahamas......... i got that idea from my vacation last year minus the aquarium, didn't have time