Best Clownfish pair

georgene

Originally Posted by IIINADAV
Do Maroon clowns have a preffered anemone?
:joy: I believe they like the BTA.

iiinadav

Looks like the Trur Perc pair 7 - Maroon Pair 5. I know there's more than 12 people out there with an opinion. Let me know how much you love your True Perc or Maroon clown.

L

lockemup

I've heard Maroon Clowns are aggressive and some tend to dig alot. Do you see any of these habits in your Maroons?
I know my female Cinamon will whip up the sand a lot. She shakes her tail so fast and all you see is sand flying up. In fact, she does it so often, my sandbed is no longer nice and even.

nyfisherman

I know everyone loves their own fish but I have a pair of black and white Saddle back clowns with yellow pectoral fins. I would get a pair of them. If not I voted true percs when they are small. (also have one) I haven't seen any over three inches. I like Gold Stripes when they get a little bigger but man are they MEAN.

dzekunoi

Originally Posted by petieaztec
if you get a percula get ready for them to call your fish nemo. that is why i did not get one. it is like calling a dog rover. no es good!
Yeah, that's the reason I got Clarkiis!
My kids call my Hippo Dori :mad: HIS NAME IS SPIKE!

mr_bill

Not all Gold stripe or white stripe maroon clowns are mean!! :mad:
People hear stories or end up with a mean one and the whole family gets a black mark. I have a pretty big GSM and she is the peace keeper in my tank. I had introduced a clown goby to my tank that my royal gramma wanted to push around and my GSM would put her self directly between them sideways blocking their view of each other.
The general rule in perception is for every one bad experience it takes ten outstanding above the top experiences to change the view generated by the bad one.

petieaztec

Originally Posted by dzekunoi
Yeah, that's the reason I got Clarkiis!
My kids call my Hippo Dori :mad: HIS NAME IS SPIKE!
yep, chaps your hide huh. this girl at work called our maroon clown nemo and i just acted like she wasn't talking. it doesn't even look like nemo. some people!!!

nyfisherman

My LFS has one GSM that is about 4-5 inches they told me when they were cleaning the tank the fish took some skin off the knuckles of one of there employees. How's that for MEAN. My Tomatoes also attack me but lucky for me they're under two inches.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Mr_Bill
Not all Gold stripe or white stripe maroon clowns are mean!! :mad:
The general rule in perception is for every one bad experience it takes ten outstanding above the top experiences to change the view generated by the bad one.
I think that's turned around a bit for GSMs 10 mean ones for each docile one
Really, they are gorgeous but I have yet to see one in person that is docile.
Here's what one of my females did to me (of course I was stealing her eggs at the time :hilarious )

mr_bill

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
The one that bit me is about 5", her mate is a little over 3".
That is very close to the size of mine. She is about 5.5" and he's about 3". That is one heck of a nip she gave you. You'd have to see mine in person to believe it, I think she doesn't feel threatened at all by any other thing in the tank. Maybe that has something to do with it, and I've never tried collecting any eggs either. She's always had full control over everything in the tank including rock placement latley, LOL.
I moved some of my LR around last weekend so that the rock her anemone was on was viewable, and she over turned and almost pushed one rock right out of my hand during the process. It's funny how every little thing I move she follows right behind and adds either a spin or roll over.
Do you know if yours were wild caught or tank raised?

mr_bill

I guess she's just mean, is the male aggressive? Would they attack you if you just placed your hand in their tank or only when you go for the eggs? I bet she just associates your hand with a preditor, but the anthias thing is just amazing. I'll be telling that story to others for sure.

mr_bill

At this point the True Perc's are ahead 22 - 12.

I say we put one of the true percs in with Bang's GSM and whoever swims out alive takes the title. ***)

iiinadav

Sounds good to me Mr. Bill. One of my True Percs nipped my hand recently. Everytime my hand is in the tank she's trying to get in position for a shot at the back of my hand.

mr_bill

Sounds good to me Mr. Bill. One of my True Percs nipped my hand recently. Everytime my hand is in the tank she's trying to get in position for a shot at the back of my hand.
You wacky people with your pirannah like clowns worry me. How will I sleep at night knowing my sweet docile fish may turn on me some day like a shark.
Oh dear... ***arms himself with a BBQ scewer***