Best Reef Tank

klbjr

i have a chance to buy new tank, just wanted some opinons. i am looking at a 135 flat back hex, 60x18x30 it is acrylic. this is the tank my wife likes because she says its more modern looking,because we are putting it in the living room!!
i am also looking at 135 standard 72x18x24. it is also acrylic, which of these tanks would you recommend for a reef tank with 5 to 6 inchs of dsb. dont know if one would be better than the other or if its just what ever we like the best!!! :p :p :p

cboyfan2020

I would get the 135 standard if you are going to keep tangs. They like a lot of length to race around in. The deeper the tank the better it is for a reef IMO. like a normal 120 is something like 18" deep while a 120 like mine is 24" deep(48x24x24). This gives you more options for aquascaping and stuff. Just my opinion though. i like the sound of that 135 flat back though.

klbjr

THANKS FOR THE REPLY! i may have to do the 135 flat back hex because thats what the wife wants, you know what i mean!!!

mlm

Are there any tanks that are at least 24 inches from front to back that your wife likes?

klbjr

The 150 standard rectangular is 60x24x24, but she's not to crazy about it. why, does it make a big difference!!!

mlm

The more room you have from front to back the easier and more naturally looking you can aquascape the tank.

dattong

I would go for the standard 60x24x24 it has more options for rockscape and the height is perfect to use 250w MH (saves you $$$ later on). flat hex looks cool at first but I think you're gonna change your mind later.

jonthefb

ditch that idea and get a 120 taht 4 foot long by 2 feet deep by two feet tall...thsi is my ideal tank, other than the 500 gallon recessd in the wall!
good luck
jon