Big leak need help......... & support

meowzer

IDK a lot about this..lol...BUT since you have a place for everything right now., and it seems you have your LR and LS pretty well taken care of...why can't you put the LS and LR...in the new tank...let it settle, test...and go from there?
I don't see why you would have a big spike since you are not really experiencing die off....

coralreefer

Originally Posted by DrTITO
http:///forum/post/3079970
Most of the rock that did not have corals on the are in my 75 gallon mixing bucket I added the sand after , then placed another power head from the busted tank in there to keep the water going around the rocks. I will try keep an eye on the 75 and make sure it stays alive.
Still need to clean my room and CAREFULLY aquascape the QT 55. Dont how I am going to keep my anemone and corals alive in this tank gonna try to do it with t5s only as my MH is too big for it.
You know what that was my worst nightmare aswell still in shock from it all. I have to say having bin there when it happened, you can not do anything to stop it, and you feel helpless.

But thanks to ALL the great advise I have gotten from the site like,
keep extra water ready
only use GFIs outlets and grounding rod
and most important drum roll please
THE Q . T . tank

all of which kepth my corals,fish and me alive.
sorry if that offended you

drtito

sorry if that offended you
Not offened, it relly was one of my nightmares, having lived it, now it seems still unthinkable. still in schock
Thank god I did not have one of those stands with a hole in the bottem.

grabbitt

As much as it sucks that your tank is damaged, at least you still have the livestock. From my point of view, you are fortunate. I have had FOUR tank crashes (two crashes on two tanks), and lost lots of money as a result. Hopefully you will be able to find an affordable substitute and you won't face any problems resolving the issue.

drtito

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/3080123
As much as it sucks that your tank is damaged, at least you still have the livestock. From my point of view, you are fortunate. I have had FOUR tank crashes (two crashes on two tanks), and lost lots of money as a result. Hopefully you will be able to find an affordable substitute and you won't face any problems resolving the issue.
Ya I feel good having saved my fish and some of the corals and everything else that I could.
My room still smells like the beach. Oh well I will start a new therad when my new tank shows up.
Thanks everybody having all this support helps in a BIG way.

i<3reefs

I've never ran a foam pad under my smaller aquariums in the past, but anything larger is absolutely recommended to help level the aquarium versus your floor. My house apparently is leaning to the left barely, due to my water level in my aquariums is marginally different on the top.
I believe a person could by foam insulation used for metal buildings from a lumber yard as an easy fix.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but one can be thankful you were home to deal with it while it happened.