Big poster?

nw2sltfsh

Originally posted by obarrera
Wow those are some really cool posters but look at the price.:notsure:

If you do a search on murals there are many sites that sell wallsize pictures on them - I normally go there to get ideas then paint my kids room to match whatever they are into at that moment my new one will be a unicorn mural on my daughters room after we move -
another idea is to find a nice small picture you like then go to a Kinkos and have it blown up to poster size! much cheaper
just save the picture that you like open with a photo program resize and then correct it if needed and then print on photo paper
Kinkos will charge around 30-80 depending on the size

nw2sltfsh

I would call them - or jsut order the cheaper one and see if it works - best case you get a $600 sale
Based on the home page the Classic designs are instock and ready to ship and are the 129.00 anything that is custom printed for size is up to 1000

bradttu

Make your own....
http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
You don't have to download anything to your computer. Just upload your pic to their site and decide how big you want it. Then it will create a PDF for you to print out. You can do it in color or B&W. Oh yeah, it's FREE to do.
A buddy of mine did this one last week. It's 11' wide!

nw2sltfsh

Do you have a CD burner or a Floppy drive? If you do just save the picture there then take that to kinkos or office max and have them print it then enlarge it
Hey bradtu are those ceramic tiles that is put on? that is a really cool idea. Did your friend get that done online or locally?

obarrera

Originally posted by bradttu
No, it's just paper that was printed out of the printer. Anyone can do it.
Click http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/
Just follow the instructions on their site. It takes all of 2 minutes to do. Like I said, it's FREE.

Yeah it's pretty easy,I tried it just to see how it works but like I said no printer.lol

beamer

Hi oberra! This is Cindy/beamer from the other board we used to be on. Didn't you say once that you knew someone that was really good with computers? Have them print it out for you and pay them something for the ink and paper, or as another here said burn it to a CD and take it to kinkos.
Are you doing this for your room or for a class project? Remember TR and MTX? They might also be able to give you some suggestions.
Cindy

obarrera

Originally posted by beamer
Hi oberra! This is Cindy/beamer from the other board we used to be on. Didn't you say once that you knew someone that was really good with computers? Have them print it out for you and pay them something for the ink and paper, or as another here said burn it to a CD and take it to kinkos.
Are you doing this for your room or for a class project? Remember TR and MTX? They might also be able to give you some suggestions.
Cindy

Hey Cindy and NW2SLTFSH,do you guys know how big Kinkos can make the picture?
I want the picture for my room.
Cindy,sorry I never showed you pictures of my tank,I just haven't gotten a camera.My sister has a camera(not that great)and if I remember I will tell her to let me borrow(spelling)it.

nw2sltfsh

On the kinkos homepage it says:
Enlarge your photos, artwork*, company logos and more at any FedEx Kinko's Copy and Print Center. Our quality black-and-white or color copiers can enlarge any image as big as 11" x 17".
Need an even larger print? We can also help you turn a favorite photo* into a poster-sized or oversize photo enlargement. And if you want, we can even mount your poster on FoamCore® or laminate it to preserve and protect your photo.
If you want it even bigger you can take a picture and have it blown up to poster size in quarters so that each piece is poster size and then put them together like the thing above and have a HUGE picture

beamer

Hi Oberra! yes I'd still like to see pics of your tank but just when you can get around to it. Maybe over the hollidays you will be able to do so. TR/Texas Rancher (blenny) and MTX also know before as Michael should be able to help you. They are always full of good ideas. They can be contacted at marine and reef talk. com. They would love to hear how its all going. I know your Mom is going to love what you are doing. Is it going to be a picture of you? I think that Kinkos is probably going to be your best bet.
Let me know how it works out for you. I may want to try it out myself sometime.
Happy Hollidays and keep in touch. If you need my address let me know and I will send it to you. ARe you going to be home for the holidays? Let me hear from you.
Cindy

obarrera

Originally posted by beamer
Hi Oberra! yes I'd still like to see pics of your tank but just when you can get around to it. Maybe over the hollidays you will be able to do so. TR/Texas Rancher (blenny) and MTX also know before as Michael should be able to help you. They are always full of good ideas. They can be contacted at marine and reef talk. com. They would love to hear how its all going. I know your Mom is going to love what you are doing. Is it going to be a picture of you? I think that Kinkos is probably going to be your best bet.
Let me know how it works out for you. I may want to try it out myself sometime.
Happy Hollidays and keep in touch. If you need my address let me know and I will send it to you. ARe you going to be home for the holidays? Let me hear from you.
Cindy

Yeah im going to be home.It's weird when I go somewhere out of town.lol
Anyways,the picture is not going to be me,I want a oicture of a reef or palms,just something tropical cause I want to put it close to my 40 that im finally going to set up on february.
First I was suppose to set it up on december(this month) then january and now my mom sayd were probably moving untill february.Im really tired of this cause I can't wait to see how my 40g is going yo look.:happy:
My 10 gallon has been doing pretty good,a couple of things died but that was cause I was a newbee.I now have 3 fish(yes that's alot I know)and so far they're all doing great.
I have a sixline wrasse,1 ocellaris,and 1 true percula.
Happy christmas!