BioCube 29G Lighting Help/Advice Needed!!

Pisces28

I have a BioCube 29G and I am not sure how to run the lighting properly.
Just got a Coralife automatic timer and want to program it, but I do not know the first thing about how to run the lights properly, in terms of which ones should run when and for how long.

The tank comes with:
  • 10,000k Daytime Light
  • True Actinic Blue Light
  • LED Bar - Lunar Blue
I have read that people run the daytime and Actinic lights together for about 10-12 hours a day, and leave the LED bar lit 24/7.
I am a little skeptical about running 3 lights at the same time for 10-12 hours because of potential algae overgrowth.
Also, the Actinic light runs with a fan which makes quite some noise, and I am wondering if this is normal?

Any advice on how to set up the timers would be appreciated!
P.S I have only inverts in the tank at the moment, and one scooter blenny . .

bang guy

I deleted your duplicate threads. If you would like this thread in a different forum such as DIY or New hobbyists just let me know and I will move it.

Pisces28

I deleted your duplicate threads. If you would like this thread in a different forum such as DIY or New hobbyists just let me know and I will move it.
sorry about that.. anywhere where you think i can get a response would be fine.

snakeblitz33

I would start lighting out on a new tank to be between 6 to 8 hours total and after the cycle moving it between 8 to 10 hours total. The LEDs could be on an hour before daylight and an hour or two after dark.

When I talk about "after dark" that's whatever you are programming your lights to go off, not exactly when it gets dark outside. Lol.

Pick the best time of the day to view your tank every day. For me since I work all day and come home and have about four hours before my bedtime, I like to maximize the amount of viewable hours.

Best of luck!

pegasus

I have a BioCube 29G and I am not sure how to run the lighting properly.
Just got a Coralife automatic timer and want to program it, but I do not know the first thing about how to run the lights properly, in terms of which ones should run when and for how long.

The tank comes with:
  • 10,000k Daytime Light
  • True Actinic Blue Light
  • LED Bar - Lunar Blue
I have read that people run the daytime and Actinic lights together for about 10-12 hours a day, and leave the LED bar lit 24/7.
I am a little skeptical about running 3 lights at the same time for 10-12 hours because of potential algae overgrowth.
Also, the Actinic light runs with a fan which makes quite some noise, and I am wondering if this is normal?

Any advice on how to set up the timers would be appreciated!
P.S I have only inverts in the tank at the moment, and one scooter blenny . .
I hope you have better luck with your Coralife than I did. I have a 36" "reef capable" lamp with timer sitting on a shelf. It bleached my live rocks, and wouldn't grow coralline algae. It was very successful at growing slime algae, so I retired it after two months of use. $175 down the drain...

Pisces28

my tank has not grown any algae whatsoever and i am unsure that this is normal.. I think there should be at least some kind of algae in there after a month