Biocube

levinjac

How do you make ceopods without a refuge and does a biocube have a refuge im so fricking stubborn I'm still thinking about my last fish to add now I want a mandin they are soo pretty and i think i can take care of one but the problem is pods i have no idea what pods look like and if theyll even live in my tank stock so you can know
1 Ocellaris Clownfish( it is agressive to new comers BUT..... I will float this little girl in a bag while i add them for four hrs. AND rearange the rockwork so the clown will have to find a new territory After the mandrin)
1 yellow wrasse
1 Royal gramma
1 fire goby
my tank is 3 years old, I have a wet/dry filter system with a sum have no idea if it has a fuge( BTLDreef you have a 14 gallon biocube is the part on the way right a fuge,) I have a U.V sterilizer will the uv be a problem with pods? All imput is apreciated and please tell me if you dont think i should have one just be honest it will make me feel better to have been told it was a bad idea than giv me the info but my tank isnt ready and i end up killing a beautiful fish.
THANK-YOU for ALL imput!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meowzer

IDK what that pic is up there
BUT....I would seriously forget getting a mandarin in a biocube......wait until you have a much bigger tank with sump and fuge

btldreef

I converted the middle chamber of my setup to be a refugium, I have it stuffed full of Chaeto and have a light on it 12hrs a day, opposite my tank lights. You really don't need to do anythign crazy, pods will breed in the chaeto.

A mandarin would be okay in a 29G for a very short period of time. Trying to keep up with the pods would be a very, very difficult task. I'm about to toss one in my 14G, but the guy is literaly on 1 1/2" long right now and I have every intention of placing him in a bigger tank very soon. He's really skinny and I want to fatten him up before he goes in the 155 or one of my other tanks. I also have a 20G refugium and a 30G pod tank if need be, which helps out. I also know this little guy is already converted to frozen as well.

IMO, if you're set on the mandarin, you MUST make sure it is one that is converted to frozen. DO NOT try to convert it yourself, especially in a 29G tank.

That being said, I don't think YOUR tank is the right environment for you. You are basically stocked. A small little goby or clown goby (citron goby) would be fine, but that's it.

You are planning a 90G soon, right? Why not wait?

levinjac

i know ahh no more fish for me:( its so hard to get a last fish even tho its really not considering im getting a 90+ in a year anyway. maybe another firegoby for my guy hes so scared with all those fish bigger than him even the gramma except the gobys bigger in lenght the grammas F. A .T
A L A
S M L
T O L
S
T
A
S

B
I
G