Bleached anemone ID

chrisnif

I was told that it is an RBTA that was bleached (it was in a tank with NO lighting for a month without supplemental feeds). It hated light the first few weeks (probably the change from NO to halide). My GSM found it VERY quickly and has been bringing it food, plus I feed it krill every other day. I moved it into the light now, and it's stayed out. I do feel its a bubble tip as the tentacles inflate most the time. Someone told me it looks like a Haitian anemone because of the purple in the tips, but I've seen RBTAs looking like that.
Please give me opinions. If it helps, GSM and Percula have hosted it (my GSM kicked the percula pair out).

hunt

i would say hatian because of the red foot and pink tips. just curious, how much did you get it for

btldreef

Bleached bubble tip, fairly certain of this. Probably is a bleached Rose BTA, and the purple tips will turn more blue in color as the anemone gets is color back.

meowzer

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3296626
Bleached bubble tip, fairly certain of this. Probably is a bleached Rose BTA, and the purple tips will turn more blue in color as the anemone gets is color back.
I have to agree....altho I am by no means an anemone expert....it's just the shape of the tentacles that makes me think bta
You have a long way to go to get it healthy.....Try feeding it scallops....little pieces, or shrimp...soak them in vitamins....I always thought krill was not supposed to be that nutritious

chrisnif

I'm not sure if my other post went through or not, but I'm feeding it mysis and SF-Bay "whole shrimp" on an alternating schedule, and the GSM also does birdie type feeding whenever it eats. The hard part is keeping the thieving fire shrimp away until it eats :)

chrisnif

Also when I got it, it was more bleached, the foot was white and the tentacles were transparent. It's come a LONG way already. I'm at the point where I don't think it's going to die. Why a store would buy an RBTA from their wholesaler and not put it in the coral area with halides, but instead put it under the shop lights that light the fish setups.

btldreef

PE Mysis will go a long way with this anemone as well, soaked in vitamins.
If I'm nursing an anemone back to health I feed SMALL pieces of meaty foods soaked in vitamins. I usually use PE Mysis and chopped salmon. Krill really isn't that nutritious.