Blue Angel Popeye Problem

mjtech12

Hi Everyone i need some advice ive been treating my blue angel for 4 days now with Ampicilian 250 mil and no change in his eye (its only 1 eye) here is a pic of the fish let me know if anyone can help Thanks in Advance

ps he's been in my quarantine tank since i got him 10 gallon tank fully cycled

mr llimpid

I assume you bought him this way? Pop eye is from poor water quality. here is a sugestion on how to treat "oral feedings of foods soaked in selcon or another type of liquid vitamin, along with foods mixed with a broad spectrum antibiotic such as tetracycline, chloramphenicol or kanamycin are suggested. Eventually the eye will deflate, but may result in various conclusions."

PS keep water quality pristine.

mjtech12

i didnt buy him from a LFS- online from the same guy ive bought almost all my fish never a problem and when i acclimated him into my QT Tank he didnt have the problem it just emerged 2 days after my qt tanks quality is pristine all within range i think i might have hurt him when i netted him into the tank he's not in anyway in distress he is swimming and breathing great and eating like a pig i did go to the lfs for the meds

here is a pic of the meds that were recommended

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Post up all of your water readings for your quarantine tank.

Penicillin is a gram positive antibiotics. Most marine fish get gram negative infections so the penicillin is not the best choice. I'd recommend to to use it.

Also, what is your feeding regime?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Fish should eat at least once a day, twice is better. Does this fish still have the problem? If so, I'd recommend using Maracyn Two for Saltwater fish.

mjtech12

yes beth he still has it and i did buy the maracyn 2 going to get him into the QT Tank this weekend it doesnt seem to be bothering him i think its just me that it bothers him having this big eye hahaha thanks

mjtech12

he's doing ok but still has the problem it will probably take alot longer to get rid of the problem thanks for asking beth

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I would upgrade the fish's food. Nori is for people consumption, not fish consumption. Get algae sheets made for fish food. Also, add a variety to the food. A diet of just pellets is not really adequate. Try soaking meaty food in freshly minced garlic juice. Garlic that is freshly minced, then immediately soaked in fish food the offered to fish will add a bit of natural antibiotics to the food offered the fish.

What are your water reading in the tank?