Blue Hippo Tang with ick

al mc

It is iodine. Bottled by several manufacturers for coral 'dipping' with directions on how to mix up proper concentration. Good against many things that some corals can have acquired in the wild or at the holding place before you but it.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by rudedog40
I would say that unless you have the recommended lighting for the species of coral you are QTing, it will most likely have harmful effects, if not kill it, because it didn't have the light it needed during the typical 3-4 week QT period.
If you don't qt your corals then you can risk infecting your entire display. It is well worth the money to get lighting for a small, it can be a two gallon qt tank, just for corals.

cooqie

ok so my blue hippo is doin fine now i didnt qt it didnt do anything it is eating the flake foods and is recovering he was filled with ich i could spot ick from far away and he was the only fish with it now he jus has like 5 spots left and he is starting to eat i will do a water change on friday to see if that works also

1journeyman

That is typical for ich. The life cycle is such that they fall off your fish in 5-7 days typically. Look for another major bloom in 3-4 weeks.