blue hippo tang

scott t

For a Blue Hippo Tang you should have a 125 gal or larger tank as they need the room to swim, most tangs need larger tanks. As for other fish that will get along with it maybe some of the more experienced people will chime in here and help with that..

meowzer

Not only is tank gallons important...so is length....I would say at least a 6' tank.....they get quite large.
They also like a lot of rock work becuse they like to hide in there....I have a blue hippo with a sailfin and yellow tang, coral beauty, flame angel, 2 perc clowns, pajama cardinals, bi-colr and lawnmower blennies, green chromis, foxface, golden head goby, yellow coris wrasse, pseudochromis, mandarin, yellow tail blue damsel, blue cleaner wrasse,
LOL....I feel like I am forgetting someone heehee
That is an example of some things it gets along with LOL

indy2009

I have 2 hippo's they get along with all my fish, they hangout together most of the time all over the tank and I agree with meowzer no less than 6' and give them lots of caves and openings in your rock scape

deejeff442

i had a 6 inch hippo in a 250 gallon and he seemed too big for the tank.so get them small.
they also dont seem aggressive like the other tangs ,they pretty much get along with everyone.

florida joe

Quote:
Not only is tank gallons important...so is length.
as you always say
they do well with most fish