Blue LPS

ci11337

Does anyone have a LPS coral that is blue? i want to add some blue to my tank and i'm trying to decide which type of LPS is most commonly found in a nice blue color so i can ask my LFS to try and get one.

alix2.0

not sure if there are any LPS that are vibrant blue, but if you just want a splash of blue in the tank, blue shrooms look great and are very bright.

ci11337

Softies don't do very well in my tank. When i started out i had some zoos and shrooms but as i added LPS corals the softies died off slowly. My purple shrooms prevailed until not to long ago on the great battle of cinco de mayo. In a single day almost all of the shrooms evaporated for no reason. The only corals that do well in my tank now are LPS. And since LPS are my favorites, i decided my tank is gonna be an all LPS tank now. The only LPS that i know comes in blue is acans, but my LFS only gets in brown acans so i'm seeing if there are any other blue LPS.

wangotango

I've seen pale blue candies before, but as far as something that is pure blue and will really pop, nothing comes to mind.
-Justin

j.p

have u tried a clam? like the blueish purple maximas? i think it is or is it crocea (sp?)

mx#28

There are Goniopora species that come in bright blue, but are a poor choice for most. Acanthastrea, favia, caulestrea, and even some of the brain corals (like scolymia, lobopyllia, trachuphyllia) can come in a blue or blue/green color. I'm sure there are a few more I'm not thinking of.

T

tizzo

There are blue candy canes. Some claim to be blue while some really are!