blue ring octo

bhfccsr198

the lfs in delaware has 4 blue ring octo's i think for 119.00 a piece which is way to much in my opinion because why would you want to own one with that chance of getting killed by the fish but i am shore that some idiot will buy them

johnbob

Yeah but some ignorant people don't have a problem putting their lives at risk just to keep an octopus in captivity.

viper_930

The wholesale price for them around my area is 15 bucks.
If anything I like the higher price. At least people would think twice about buying them for that kind of money.

jon321

Originally Posted by Johnbob
Yeah but some ignorant people don't have a problem putting their lives at risk just to keep an octopus in captivity.
Its called natural selection my friend....its a good thing.
Jon

yimmy

Originally Posted by Jon321
Jon
Haha...thats amazingly funny

hatessushi

Yeah and think how the sales person feels about the person he sold it to that got poisoned and died. I guess in that case the salesperson is making a "natural selection"
So, be wary of the salesperson

reefreak29

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
Yeah and think how the sales person feels about the person he sold it to that got poisoned and died. I guess in that case the salesperson is making a "natural selection"
So, be wary of the salesperson
we all have to die from something

rbrockm1

Originally Posted by Jon321
Jon
this is beyond funny and very true

nctarheels

Originally Posted by murray BMF
Wow, a blue ring, these threads are always spark strong emotions. Here we go again..........

haha last time this came up we were one step away from killing someone

jon321

Originally Posted by nctarheels
haha last time this came up we were one step away from killing someone
Tip: When you see a hoard of forum-goes standing in your front yard with torches and pitchforks quickly stick your hand into your blue-ring tank. Hey, it worked for Hitler...
Jon

aanthony

i watched the crocodile hunter guy and he was saying that one sting has the potency to kill 200 people, with the venom being more than 100X more powerfull than sianide (sp)

murray bmf

Originally Posted by AAnthony
i watched the crocodile hunter guy and he was saying that one sting has the potency to kill 200 people, with the venom being more than 100X more powerfull than sianide (sp)

Something to think about....

reefboys

All the more reason to sell them to some newbie aquarists!!! God people can be stupid... I just don't get it...

tx reef

If a person is responsible, then there is no danger. It is very simple.....don't put your hand in the tank. Use a feeding stick and make sure the lid is on super tight. The octopus is not going to crawl out of the tank and come after you.....so if you never put your hand in the tank, how are you going to be harmed?
I personally will be getting one in a year or so. I think they are amazing creatures and would love to keep one at least once.....even though they have very short lifespans.....
Go ahead and bash me, but you people over react when it comes to this creature.

reefforbrains

Originally Posted by TX Reef
I personally will be getting one in a year or so. I think they are amazing creatures and would love to keep one at least once.....even though they have very short lifespans.....
*ding ding* its on, Now Gentlemen- nothing below the belt, no mention of Crocodile hunter, no mention of 2 year old cousins your babysitting, and no momma refferences.(theres a whole nother thread for that) :jumping:

taznut

Originally Posted by TX Reef
If a person is responsible, then there is no danger. It is very simple.....don't put your hand in the tank. Use a feeding stick and make sure the lid is on super tight. The octopus is not going to crawl out of the tank and come after you.....so if you never put your hand in the tank, how are you going to be harmed?
i glad this was said... everyone likes different things in their tanks and they pay for it so why not... TX reef is one of the more knowledgable people on here so im sure he knows the risks and how to handle them...

1journeyman

I have no issues with experienced aquarists keeping them, other than the fact that they are so short lived I'd rather not see them collected.

sharkboy13

ok once again i call upon u ppl for my research proj (u r humble minions
) what is the other toxin aside from TTX? its the one for killing prey