bonus ?

nw2sltfsh

Originally posted by kb68
What is the only state that ends in "K" How long did it take you?

New York
It took about 10 seconds after saying them all - then saying he is wrong there is no state -- then about 10 minutes to relook at all of them
then another 10 to humbly type that you are correct

moraym

Originally posted by kb68
Geographic state not mental state! go ahead give it a shot...

Darn it, this thread now has me overthinking these.

nw2sltfsh

I've been to more countries than you'll ever see.
I've been to church every Sunday.
I've been folded, pressed, even stuffed inside leather.
I've been dreamt about, coveted, and fought over.
People want me, yet despise me.
I have no true purpose except to travel.
I have no true mission in life except to be given and taken.
I have no true identity since I am but a clone.
I have no true name since I bear only the names of others.
People see my face and see another's face as well.
I am life to some.
I am death to others.
I am common as grass.
I am sometimes as rare as the perfect sunset.
People rely on me more than almost anything else.
What am I?

dvs

Originally posted by NW2SLTFSH
I've been to more countries than you'll ever see.
I've been to church every Sunday.
I've been folded, pressed, even stuffed inside leather.
I've been dreamt about, coveted, and fought over.
People want me, yet despise me.
I have no true purpose except to travel.
I have no true mission in life except to be given and taken.
I have no true identity since I am but a clone.
I have no true name since I bear only the names of others.
People see my face and see another's face as well.
I am life to some.
I am death to others.
I am common as grass.
I am sometimes as rare as the perfect sunset.
People rely on me more than almost anything else.
What am I?

Money!

bigarn

Originally posted by PYRO F/X
Can you circle exactly four of these numbers so that the total is twelve?

You can circle any 4.... there's still a total of 12 numbers. :D

pyro f/x

Originally posted by bigarn
You can circle any 4.... there's still a total of 12 numbers. :D

My fault I should have worded diff. The 4 circled numbers when added together equall 12.

mukiwa

Originally posted by PYRO F/X
Can you circle exactly four of these numbers so that the total is twelve?

I think I got it.... you circle one of the 6's and turn it upside down to make a 9... then you just circle 3 1's to make 12....
NO?:D

mukiwa

Yeah only in 8th grade... but it helps when you are in all academic class like Algebra.... :D
more more more :jumping: :jumping:

mukiwa

Yeah only in 8th grade... but it helps when you are in all academic class like Algebra.... :D
Castle
A square medieval castle on a square island was under siege. All around the island, there was 10 metres wide water moat. But the conquerors could make foot-bridges only 9.5 metres long. Nevertheless a wise man was able to figure out how to get over the water. What do you think was his advice?
(There's a place on the other side to put the bridge against, not just a sheer wall. Water moat has square corners - that section of the moat is about 14.1 metres wide.)

mukiwa

You want to send a valuable object to a friend. You have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object. You have several locks with keys. The box has a locking ring which is more than large enough to have a lock attached. But your friend does not have the key to any lock that you have. How do you do it? Note that you cannot send a key in an unlocked box, since it might be copied.

scoobydoo

Originally posted by Mukiwa
Castle
A square medieval castle on a square island was under siege. All around the island, there was 10 metres wide water moat. But the conquerors could make foot-bridges only 9.5 metres long. Nevertheless a wise man was able to figure out how to get over the water. What do you think was his advice?
(There's a place on the other side to put the bridge against, not just a sheer wall. Water moat has square corners - that section of the moat is about 14.1 metres wide.)

Place a board across the corner and then the board from that board to land. ????

pyro f/x

I think I got it.... you circle one of the 6's and turn it upside down to make a 9... then you just circle 3 1's to make 12....
NO?:D

You got it

mukiwa

Overspilling water VI.
Imagine having three bowls. In the bowl A (8 litres capacity) are 5 litres of water. In the bowl B (5 litres capacity) are 3 litres of water. In the bowl C (3 litres capacity) are 2 litres of water.
Can you measure exactly 1 litre, overspilling only 2 times?

paulnlex

You want to send a valuable object to a friend. You have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object. You have several locks with keys. The box has a locking ring which is more than large enough to have a lock attached. But your friend does not have the key to any lock that you have. How do you do it? Note that you cannot send a key in an unlocked box, since it might be copied.

Whats the answer???

mukiwa

You attach a key, send it to your friend, then when your friend gets it they attach another key and send it back. Then once you get it you take off your key and send it back to your freind so he can unlock it himself with his key....
It isn't really a good one but its ok........