Bored...starting a 10g Nano

luvmyreef

HEY!!
LOL! I know. The thought of tearing down a tank :(. But, this one would be nicer...and bigger. So, heat can be an issue on these new ones. Something to consider and research. Seahorses huh? Very nice. I will have to look up your thread. I havent been on in awhile, been really busy. Guess I need to check back more frequently! LOL Thanks.

luvmyreef

Well, have you ever decided that your tank needs an overhaul? This little ten has been bothering me for awhile. Since I might be setting up the 75g fowlr, I can not get the oceanic hqi nano right now. But....I have to redo this little guy. I have an empty 10g that I will be working with. I am going to try and make it look wayyyyy different. Thanks to al and shawn for the info. Let's just say that I will be getting out the drill....scary....lol. Will post pics as I go. :)

luvmyreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaNo-NeWb1983 http:///t/369914/bored-starting-a-10g-nano/240#post_3429321
what are your plans for it now?
if u gettin a 75g soon, just use the 10g as a frag/ growout tank
I just want to change it up. I already have a 75g that I tore down last year when I upgraded to the 180g. I want to turn it into a fowlr, hubby says maybe at the moment. gonna be a winter project. I have been using this little nano as a qt for new corals, and fish at times. But yeah, I have several frags from the 180 that I could put in here. Pics later today. :)

luvmyreef

Well, this is what I have been trying to do. And I can say after mult breakages, and a cut finger, this is one complete tower. Gonna try to do more later. It's hard to drill nano sized rocks lol. Any thoughts?

luvmyreef

Thank you both. I have never tried to do these before, and for me, it's harder than it looks lol. I hope I can do a couple more in a few days. Will post more pics. :)

al&burke

I like it a lot - it has character. I mean this in a good way but it looks like an old dog sitting side ways on his behind with his paw out.

luvmyreef

Well, took a trip to the lfs this am. Got some sand, and a couple pieces of base rock that I think will be good for what I am trying to accomplish. They also had the cutest little black and white clown.....still on the fence about purchasing... Know what else? They had three full grown flame angels together in a 55 with atleast 12 other fish....crazy!! So, I hope to finish some towers today, and put the sand and water in to get this thing started....Pics when I can...

luvmyreef

Well, I am gonna buy the little black and white clown. (SO EXCITED) I have always liked them. But, they want me to pic it up tomorrow. I guess it can go into the old ten until this new one is ready. With that being said, I only have one tower, and made a little cave with the last three pieces of rock in the new 10g. I broke several others, so what I have is what I have lol. Approx. 10lbs. So, let's see how fast I can cycle this new one. I added 15lb of live sand, and the filter to clear the water. I will pick up cycle tomorrow to add as well. Pics once it clears. :)

luvmyreef

Well, I got him. He is in the old 10g. Already ate, and is hanging at the top of the tank so pics aren't the greatest. He has an orange tinged face.

And soon to be his new home:

luvmyreef

Well, my husband gets home from work last night and says that he really likes it, and that I need to get another one and put them both into the 180g. I already have a pair in the 180, and I am unsure about adding a black and white pair too. What is the general consensus about adding two pairs of clowns in a larger tank?? Cause once they go in, I will never be able to remove them???

luvmyreef

Well, last night he ate mysis, but tonight he wouldn't. Then I remembered that they fed flakes at the store, and guess what? He ate flakes. I actually had an old container with some and thought I'd try it. So.....time to wean him....no more junk food lol.

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/369914/bored-starting-a-10g-nano/240#post_3434967
Well, my husband gets home from work last night and says that he really likes it, and that I need to get another one and put them both into the 180g. I already have a pair in the 180, and I am unsure about adding a black and white pair too. What is the general consensus about adding two pairs of clowns in a larger tank?? Cause once they go in, I will never be able to remove them???
I would be very cautious on adding a second pair of clowns to your tank. It is possible that if they each have their own hosts (or hosting spot) that they could be OK. My clowns are very easy to catch. I can just put my net in and they swim in it.

luvmyreef

Yeah, I know. With the tank being a 180g though, I thought it might be possible. I have two anemones in there, and the pair ignores them both. A gbta, and a lta. Maybe it would cause both pairs to host, and if so they would be on opposite ends of the tank.