Bought the New 7 Series

euphoria

I myself think Hondas and Toyotas are good conservative and reliable cars, but I can't stand it when kids take crappy parts and somehow fit it on hondas w/ the fartcan exhausts and badly tuned suspension (if you can call cutting springs to drop the car a suspension upgrade).
As far as Bangle, I agree, I hate him myself and he ruined the EURO look that bimmers had before. To this date my fave BMW has been the E39's. They look very European and more masculine and aggressive.
The Z series never did it for me cuz I"m too tall to drive that, but my fiance has a new Z4 that we got for her one day before I got the 745 :)
I also love the 8 series, but unfortunately they are not being made anymore.
To be honest I"m not crazy about the new 7 series design either, but it's growing on me and I needed something new and w/ warranty. As far as handling and power for a 4500 lb car, it's EXCELLENT.
And those people who complain that the I-Drive is too hard to work w/, those are the ones who can't even program their vcr's or turn on their TV's w/out help. THE IDIOTS.
Most cars these days are being ruined. I dn't like the new mercedes (except the SL's) and Audi's don't do it for me either. The Euro look is fading.

jal1639

I'll get a 7 series as well, it will be in a couple of years and it will be 6-7 years old but DAMN they are sweet.
Oil wise, I use Amsoil and don't change it but every 12,000 miles even though they say every 25,000. I love it!!
Congrats on the ride!!!
:yes:

tony detroit

Originally posted by civickid
Do you know what BMW stands for
Baverian Motor Works Which means trash car. Dont waste your money on one.

I love little schoolboys with Honda Civics that have watched Fast and Furious too many times.
BMW is a nice ride.

tangman99

My best friend and co-worker showed today with his new M3. That is one beautiful car. I am jealous. He only has 128 miles on so it will be a while before I get to see what it does while he is breaking it in.

euphoria

My coworker has one and it's very fast. He has the SMG on it, plus he added the AC Shnitzer exhaust and intake systems and bunch of other mods.
I thought about getting the M3, but opted for the 7 series cuz I needed more room

rob44

BMW stands for Bring My Wallet. As in they are Maint. Hungry.
I have a e320Amg Now and was looking at the new BMW 6 Series 645Ci Convertible. I like my Mercedes-Benz but now they have taken away the lease Maint program so I am looking somewhere else for my next car. I love leasing, life is easier. I think I have it narrowed down to the BMW 6 or 745li series. Although the Mercedes-Benz dealership has called with some nice deals on the Mercedes-Benz CL-Class. I am also looking at a SUV and wanted to know if anyone has a Cadillac Escalade?
I have been looking at it for my second vehicle. I am suppose to test drive them next week. The Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition look nice.

tangman99

Originally posted by rob44
BMW stands for Bring My Wallet. As in they are Maint. Hungry.
I have a e320Amg Now and was looking at the new BMW 6 Series 645Ci Convertible. I like my Mercedes-Benz but now they have taken away the lease Maint program so I am looking somewhere else for my next car. I love leasing, life is easier. I think I have it narrowed down to the BMW 6 or 745li series. Although the Mercedes-Benz dealership has called with some nice deals on the Mercedes-Benz CL-Class. I am also looking at a SUV and wanted to know if anyone has a Cadillac Escalade?
I have been looking at it for my second vehicle. I am suppose to test drive them next week. The Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum Edition look nice.

About 5 of my neighbors have Escalades. I don't know much about them personally, but they are nice looking automobiles. I love the ones that look like a pearl metal flake. Gorgeous paint and Cadillac service is the only descent service you will get for an American made car.

tony detroit

Originally posted by TangMan99
I love the ones that look like a pearl metal flake. Gorgeous paint and Cadillac service is the only descent service you will get for an American made car.

Second that.
You can't beat the Bvlgari clock in the dash either. They are very nice inside, you won't be dissapointed.

nicky1.8t

Originally posted by civickid
Baverian Motor Works Which means trash car. Dont waste your money on one.

yep hes right mabey you should trade it in for like 7 civics? lol

oceanic110

Originally posted by TangMan99
A BMW tells you when to change the oil. Ours goes about 13,000 miles before it needs changing. BMW won't touch it until it time either. .

Incorrect..... You can have your oil changed whenever you want.
Congrats on the 745, You should of got the the 760li...
I got the chance to drive the 760 on the road course/track in SC. Sweet car.

oceanic110

Originally posted by BrandonS
that's true.... guess it's basic probability. Does yours have the option for the ipod?

Not available for this car.....

euphoria

Originally posted by oceanic110
Congrats on the 745, You should of got the the 760li...
I got the chance to drive the 760 on the road course/track in SC. Sweet car.

If I had money to burn, I'd have gotten the 760iL. But I think the 745i is more practical. Who needs a 12 cylinder if you can't even drive in this LA traffic. And who needs a longer body car (the iL) if you are satisfied w/ the normal length. The iL is 5-6 grand more, and it's only 5 inches longer, who cares...
As far as the escalades go, I love them, except I'm not a big fan of SUV's AND American cars. I like the new Ranger Rovers better :)

tangman99

I may have misunderstood my wife (her car and she takes it in for the work) but I swear she said they would not change it until it got down to one light. It could just be the dealership. We only have one in our area and who knows what they do. I will take your work for it base on you should know from your occupation.
One nice thing is they always give her a nice a BMW loaner when she brings hers in for any type of work. They gave her a brand new X3 last time. Neat little SUV but not quite for me.

oceanic110

If you pay for it out of pocket you can have you oil changed when you want. Know if you what your full maintenance to pay for the oil change, then yes you have to wait for the lights on the dash....

audisteve

Even though I am an Audi Fanatic, I'll say that BMW's are nice cars...for California. I live in Nebraska where it snows, and after a nice 6 inch dusting it's just the 4x4 Trucks and the Audi's out on the road, moving along just fine. We do have to be careful to watch out as not to hit the BMW's that are stranded in the middle of the road...along with all the other american trash cars. And it's not that most of the people I know hate BMW's, it's the type of people that drive them ( and no I'm not talking about jews)... I guess a majority of people I know that own BMW's have slicked back hair and nice new designer sunglasses. BMW's just ooze the word pompous. But that's just my opinion.

tangman99

If you pay for it out of pocket you can have you oil changed when you want. Know if you what your full maintenance to pay for the oil change, then yes you have to wait for the lights on the dash....

Yeah, that is what I meant. They will only change the oil when the lights go down to one light if you are under the covered maintenance. I guess I should have been more clear.