Bow Tank Pics....

Im looking at starting my first tank and I am almost settled on a 72g bow tank. I know there must be several of you guys(and gals) that have Bow tanks...Any pics of your tanks? I would really love to see some bow tanks that arent empty :) Thanks guys

sparky0028

Yes -- I had 4 clowns with the lion for 4 months until the feeding accident. I was giving the lion silversides (all my other fish love the silversides) when my smallest clown went for a piece at the same time as the lion and:notsure: the clown was gone. I have since brought the lion to Adventure Aquaium and they put it one of their display tanks.

velocity

lol i am starting a 72 gal bowfront too just got it today looking forward to seeing some pics.
soccer4life94- if u r looking for any other help of a 72 bowfront u can email me brenmur@cox.net or send me an IM hockeystar2435

nm reef

Sparky...that is a very impressive looking display. Did you design/build the stand and canopy? I really like the way it looks...very one of a kind!:thinking:

sparky0028

NM Reef
Yes, Roscoe II (a very dear friend of mine) and I planned, design and constructed the bar/fish tank. It took about 3 months and is 95% complete, just need to finish the bar surface. Thanks for the compliment.

eggy5404

Well after that nice looking bow front, the rest of us are probable scared to post.
My tank is still semi-new. It's a 72 gallon, I've been working with since July.
I still have a long way to go. The pictures aren't the best b/c I actually use my video camera to take pictures and the quality is lacking.
Michelle

fishkiller

Sparky- Is that acrylic? Is the weight of the bar counter supported by something other than the tank and the right side? If that's cherry oak, it'll be be heavy. It looks freakin SWEAT!! What kinda lighting you got in there?

sparky0028

Michelle
Love the rock work ---it looks GREAT!!!!
---still adding lr to my tank, can't wait till I fill it up.I hate the large dead coral on the right side--(need more $$$$$ for LR)
Fishkiller
Yes it is an acrylic tank, the top was made from 3/4" birch ply with medium density fiberboard wrapped arround the front and base with oak veneer. As far as the support--there is some on the right side but 75% of the weight is on the tank itself, the lights are (2) 96watt pc's, one daylight and the actinic. Thanks for the kind words everyone, this place is great for support.:cheer:

eggy5404

Thanks sparky for the compliement but I'm in love with your bar / tank.
Already told my husband that I wanted one in my new house in the next 3 years.

sparky0028

Great tank Mike
What lights are you using, everything has great color, what kind of filtration do you have and how long has it been running. I have this green alage that I can not get ride of any suggestion?