bowfront const.

sparky0028

Hi everyone,
New to the hooby, just like to share my photos and get some feed back. Tank is 100gal bow front started in May of this year-pics are from the beginning--more to follow.

lovethesea

Is your tank a bar? :eek: That is awesome. I don't dare share this with my husband, he will be asking you how to do it.
Beautiful work. :)

bang guy

Really really cool!!!!
Dang... I need someone like you to build a canopy for me... wish you were nearby!

roscoe ii

Hey Sparky GRRRRREAT! I can't believe it! You must have a great imagination to come up with that design or a really good friend to help you out. Looks like a professional job. The best I've seen yet.
Keep us up to date with Photos:D

kreach

Originally posted by SquishyFish
I have take up carpentry in the last few years and I am gonig to have to do that. I wouldnt expect you to give up the plans for it, but you can be ill be using that for a referencs picture! Very cool design.
Squishy:cool:

I was just waiting for you to say that. :p So... now we're going to have three display tanks in the apartment?? :eek: ;)

kreach

Originally posted by lovethesea
uh oh....who lives below you :D

LOL... thankfully, we are on the bottom floor. Because of our tanks, that was a requirement we expressed to management when we moved in. :D

lovethesea

good thing....save the bar plans for a house. I would love that in our basement. I would ditch the oak bar (its pretty, but this is awesome) and what a huge conversation piece. :D

sparky0028

Squishyfish
You are right, that has been a design issue from the start. How to make the top spill proof and still have access to the tank. Right now the best design we came up with is to make the top a solid conter top and lift it off to do the maintenace. I plan on making a beach scene with shells and sand and pouring clear acrylic over to about 3/4" thick.
Thanks to ALL for the positive feedback.