boy im stupid!`

wamp

Ok...Ok... Clam down....
Everyone has killed a fish in their life. Rather in the back yard or in an uncycled tank.. He made a mistake, in your eyes, no need to castrate him..
I too have been forced to tear apart a reef tank for one fish. Yes, once caught, I killed him. No one wanted him and the LFS was closed by the time I caught him. I felt bad, but, I had no option.
wamp.. We all make mistakes..

waterwolf

Is this thread for real? Its only a fish! Who cares how he killed it. Do you think fish actually have emotions?

marco333

just somthing to think about...
what if some aliens came to earth, much bigger and smarter than you, and did'nt understand us or know our language, and thought we you were just a stupid creature, and the brought them back to their home planet where they kept you for a while, then got tired of you and through you out into thier world where you couldnt breath and we died. How would you like that?
This is extrime but still...

I have to add my 02 cents....LOL
I had to take out almost ALL my nicely placed LR to catch a @#$%^& domino damsel. So, after he pissed me off for about OVER AN HOUR! I finally caught him and put him in the toilet and watched him swim around! Then FLUUUUUUUUUSHED his black a**...LOL
I wanted to just smash him on the floor, BUT I was so mad I didnt want to have to pick up after THAT mess too...........
So SHAME ON US!

j21kickster

Originally posted by Waterwolf
Its only a fish! Who cares how he killed it. Do you think fish actually have emotions?

:rolleyes:

cosmo

I guess most of you didn't realize that your fish were taken out of a perfectly good ocean for purely your own enjoyment. If you think your doing your fish a favor by keeping them in a glass cage, your not. so killing one fish to you is such an awfull thing? think about it

j21kickster

cosmo - we could talk for days about the ethics of fish keeping but this is about kiling them just to save you any trouble- and we do what we can to make the fish comfortable such as providing a large enough tank- remember fish have the whole ocean but many species we keep spend their whole lives in an area of a few square meters some more and some less. Eitherway it isnt really that big of a deal but, it never hurt to save it either.

tigerlover

OK, ALL OF YOU F****** PEOPLE WHO THINK FISH HAVE NO EMOTIONS, I CAN PROVE THEY DO!!!!!
1. If fish have no emotions, then why do some die from stress?
2. If fish have no emotions, then why do we see them play and interact?
3. If fish have no emotions, then how can these aquatic creatures be the base of land life?
4. If fish have no emotions and no learning capacity, then how come I have a fish that from day to day does the same swimming pattern to get my attention to feed him?
5. If fish cannot feel pain and hurt, then why do my paired fish stop eating and die when their beloved mate dies.
IF YOU SAY FISH HAVE NO EMOTIONS, THEN WHY ON EARTH DO YOU DESERVE OR EVEN WANT TO BE IN THIS HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

agro

Originally posted by LORDOFTHEREEF
this is why i stoped using this site. too many "fish activists" over here.
oh well, c ya
good buy.:rolleyes:

Er, if you stopped using it, how did you read this thread???
If you just had to kill your fish, you could have done it in a much more humane way than a mud puddle, or flushing it down the toilet. A simple search would have provided several ways to accomplish the task.

tigerlover

Originally posted by Agro
If you just had to kill your fish, you could have done it in a much more humane way than a mud puddle, or flushing it down the toilet. A simple search would have provided several ways to accomplish the task.

Agreed:)

reefnut

Originally posted by LORDOFTHEREEF
this is why i stoped using this site. too many "fish activists" over here.
oh well, c ya
good buy.:rolleyes:

What exactly is a "Fish Activist"?

sea goblin

To quote one of the TV shows that i watch, "I am sure that both sides have merit". The show has nothing to do with fish or aquariums, but i works for many things.
Sea Goblin

jonthefb

man wooooooahhhhhh this is an interesting thread! i personally disagree withthe way that cali went about the situation and feel that the fish if needed to be euthanized could have been approached differently if in all facts it was on the decline... i think things have just been gettign way out of hand ever since the concientious aquarist thread started a few days ago!
i think people need to just settle down and relax, and continue to conduct civilized conversation....but hey thats just me!
good luck
jon