brand new 20g setup

small triggers

almost all tanks larger than 15g have a brace in the middle unless its a euro or braceless and then its gonna be about ALOT more expensive....SO my best option to you is contact a local glass place and see if they can cut a piece of glass and replace the plastic brace with it.....

jon_fiasco

ive seen a lot of tanks that dont have that brace nothing bigger then like a 50g long.. but like my 20 doesnt have that brace, i have a friend with a 75 and im pretty sure his tank doesnt have a brace but i could be wrong..

small triggers

Jon_fiasco...what we are saying is square tanks dont need braces since the force is equally pushing on all 4 sides, and shallow ones dont need them either becaue there is not a huge force pressing against the sides.... its the rectangles that need bracing as they get larger with more force pushing unequally against the different size sides...and if someones 75g doesnt have a brace.... that could be bad in a few years

jon_fiasco

thanks for the info...small trig srry if i was frustrating you... lol i really didnt mean to, im kinda of a stoner and sometimes i need a real break down of things lol

meowzer

My 29G doesn't have a brace...it's just a standard rectangle though
For tanks that have a brace..you get 2 bulbs :)

jon_fiasco

i guess ill have to do that if i cant find a good size tank with out the brace in the middle.. i really liked that size 56g it was a decent all around good length height and width...

seems like once ive get my new car ive got a new fish project

meowzer

LOL...I have a 54G corner bowfront....no center brace....but it's a pain in the BUTT
OHYEAH...I also have a 46G corner hex....no brace