Breeding bangaiis (Bang)

sandman12

Hey, just picked up my 2nd bangaii. So if they hang out together they r male and female? If not they r them same ---?

mr.smiley

Keep a eye on what they do. Usely what mine did was swim like under neath each other over and under over and under. But usely yes.

sandman12

1st=original
2nd=newer one
Ok, the first one is showing interest in the new one. The original one started to chase it awat (but in a hop like how they move, darting) After about 1 min of that the newest one starting hang out over the 1st one. Now ( as i just looked) the 1st one is back to chasing the 2nd one.

sandman12

Really!?!? The 1st one chases the 2nd one then they will seperate for a little while. Then the 2nd one will hover above the 1st one. They have been seperated for a while now though....but the 1st one is definatly showing interest. Say they do "hook up" how long does it take for them to mate and all that? Man i sure hope they r male and female!!:joy:

E

essop3

One of mine just hangs out in the corner while the other swims around the tank. It never picks on the other but the smaller one just seems scared. He sometimes swims up to the smaller one then swims away. Is that possible breeding behavior?

bang guy

Originally posted by sandman12
The 1st one chases the 2nd one then they will seperate for a little while. Then the 2nd one will hover above the 1st one.

This sounds like 2 females to me. It's too early to tell though. Give it a couple of weeks and see if one of them "shimmies" up to the other sideways.

mr.smiley

Its either you got the brother and sister or you have a mated pair:D Sounds to me that THEY ARE a mated pair. Keep us posted