Breeding of cleaner shrimp

mcgruff

Does anyone have any luck or information on the successful rearing of the offspring of cleaner shrimp. I've had two separate occasions where my cleaner shrimp have hatched, but on the first observed hatching in the tank, the fish ate up the offspring before they could seek refuge among the rocks. On the second occasion, I was able to pull about 40 out of the tank and place them in an aerated glass jar with a live rock and they lived for about 3-5 days although I used liquid rotifers for food. Any information would be appreciated.

bang guy

Mine release Fry every month, each. I thought I had a bunch raised past the larval stage but they turned out to be Peppermint Shrimp :rolleyes:
I'll keep trying.

musipilot

I just posted something similar to this. I ordered a book on the subject, if I am successful I'll share it with you.

mcgruff

Thanks for the reply. Any long term luck with them? I am curious to know if you had success, how you were able to pull it off. To be honest, I think long term luck in my tank would be slim to none as is a fish only tank, save for the cleaner shrimp. I am looking to set up a 60gal reef tank in the future and figure that would improve my chances.