Brooklynella Treatment

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Gmidd
I won't be home until 7am so I hope he's fine. I'm feeding him Pellets but he didn't eat today. No vitamins.
I did read up on Beth's Brook and even went to outside sources, thats why I'm still leaning toward Brook was the cause. Its the only thing I've read that similar to what the fish experienced. While it is common with clowns it had been known to show up on other fish.
I'll do a 50% water change. Should I keep the SG at 1.010? And treat for Bacteria?
Low SG only has an effect on ich, and it has to be at a consistant 1.009 for that. You are keeping your fish at a low SG for nothing. It will not treat brook, nor bacterial illnesses. Pellets are no where near good enough either. Pick up frozen formula foods. This may be where the problem lies, fish from the ocean do not know what a pellet is. If they did nibble at it, there is no where near enough nutrition in it, therefore their immune system depleted. Fish need meaty and vegetable matter in their diet. Please remember that a week or two before you got your fish they were happily swimming in the ocean. They don't know what a pellet is, they need food they can recognize. Meats (frozen or home made), seaweed (nori), soak their food in vitamines for health. This is yet another reason to QT fish. They have to get used to prepared foods.

gmidd

Originally Posted by sepulatian
This may be where the problem lies
I am 99.9% sure this was not the problem due to the agressive nature of what happened to my fish but I understand where your coming from and will look into their diet. I did frozen Mysria (I know I'm spelling it wrong) shrimp and the clown didn't care much for it. He loved the pellets, as did the Goby, and went 2 months on that diet and was doing great.

gmidd

I just got home and the Clown isn't looking good. His color looks faded, flipping his fins rapidly as if to be trying to shake something and looks like the mucus is forming. Looks like the mystery disease is about to take the Clown now :(
I did express order the Formulin 3 last night so I'll try the Formulin baths because thats the only thing I believe it can be. I'd rather try something rather then nothing and sit and debate on what this aggressive disease is. Hopefully I'll get it today otherwise it will be to late.

gmidd

I'm starting to see flaking on the Clown and he's fins are showning minor tattering. I did a Fresh Water dip and he is shown a little more activity. Hopefully I'll get the Formulin 3 tomorrow to do the bath because this is got to be some sort of parasite. I read up on Marine Velvet also and it have similar symptoms.
I read that if you do a Freshwater Dip in a clear bowl for 3 minutes, you can determine if you fish is indeed have parasites. After the dip swirl the water to see if there is dust like powder in the water. So I'll try this later tonight before I go to work.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Gmidd
I'm starting to see flaking on the Clown and he's fins are showning minor tattering. I did a Fresh Water dip and he is shown a little more activity. Hopefully I'll get the Formulin 3 tomorrow to do the bath because this is got to be some sort of parasite. I read up on Marine Velvet also and it have similar symptoms.
I read that if you do a Freshwater Dip in a clear bowl for 3 minutes, you can determine if you fish is indeed have parasites. After the dip swirl the water to see if there is dust like powder in the water. So I'll try this later tonight before I go to work.
The formalin comes tommorow? Velvet is a gold colored dusting on the fish. Please let me know what has been going on so I may help.

gmidd

Ok its definately some sort of Parasite on my Clown, as I did the Freshwater Dip in a clear bowl and saw alot of white specs and some golden spec that may be the Clowns scales from peeling. What I don't understand is why the conditioning is worsening dispit being in Hypo for 2 days (1.009). His color has faded alot since last night. I can only pray that the Formalin 3 comes today. I paid $15 for Expedited shipping on a $2 item from another website 11pm Wednesday and yet to recieve it.