Brown Algae all over glass

absolutekind

Any way to tame the brown algae growing all over my glass? It is brown and a little faint, but grows faster then I can clean it off.
I have 4 turbo snails, 4 medium size snails (believe are turbo as well), 4 emerald crabs, and two shrimp (skunk and fire).
Any ideas?
I have 96W CP on 8 hours a day, feed pellet food daily. System has been cycled for a month.

meowzer

Do you have a magnet cleaner? I run my magnet over my glass daily.....
Astrea snails are good glass cleaners. what are you feeding in your tank?

absolutekind

You know, that's a good point. I do have a "Mag-float" but put in away since there WAS no need. What about the back of the tank?
I am feeding a couple of clown fish.

meowzer

The clowns need more than pellets...as a matter of fact I would not even use the pellets...I have some ...I throw a pinch in maybe 1x a week
Buy some frozen foods...like mysis, and a saltwater multi pack that comes with marine cuisine, emerald entree and a couple of other things....for 2 fish you will only need a small part of the frozen cube...
NOT too many people mess with the back of the tank...I can't even reach most of mine...eventually it will be covered with coraline anyway....

meowzer

LOL....and if you look at pics of peoples tanks...there is usually a mag float on it somewhere......I never take mine off...I have one on each tank

big

With a mature tank full of all kinds of critters, I need to scrape my front every day with a Mag. Float......

I think it just becomes part of all the fun we are having.......