Brown Live Rock

I would like to get them off of this website...so if I had some names, such as what type of snails, crabs, etc...that would help out a lot. Kim
:notsure: :notsure:

garnet13aj

Look at the reef packages on the right, they are basically a cleaning crew, but you don't want to buy shrimp or stars yet. Also, if you go to the grocery store and ask for some clams, put them in a bowl and wait for them to burp and then place them in your tank. They are much cheaper than buying them online or at your lfs.

who dey

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
A clean up crew would consist of snails, hermit crabs, emerald crabs, anything that forages or scavenges in the tank...I take it you don't have any of those?? ***)
WHO DEY...where do we go from here??
Lisa :happyfish
well, if you have made it this far without any more deaths other than the one, you've been lucky. Your not out of the woods yet though. I would just wait for the nitrogen cycle to do its thing and don't add any more animals to that tank. Don't change ur water what is your ammonia reading?

monalisa

Go into the Reef Packages link on the left side of this forum. They have one that will suit your needs...order it. It's NOT more fish, it's all inverts and will not add significantly to your bioload.
Good luck.

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
A clean up crew would consist of snails, hermit crabs, emerald crabs, anything that forages or scavenges in the tank...I take it you don't have any of those?? ***)
WHO DEY...where do we go from here??

I think I will go with the jantorial package. Hopefully that will help out some.
Thanks again to all of you for your assistance and training. I will let you go and help other people. You guys are great.
:cheer: :cheer:

monalisa

Originally Posted by SCsaltywater
I think I will go with the jantorial package. Hopefully that will help out some.
Thanks again to all of you for your assistance and training. I will let you go and help other people. You guys are great.
:cheer: :cheer:

The very BEST of luck to you and your critters. Let us know how things work out, 'kay?

maelv

Originally Posted by SCsaltywater
I tried to upload, and of course, it's too big. How do I reduce the size of it? thanks again for your assistance....!!!!!!

SCsalty, someone else had posted this site in another thread. There are many ways to reduce the size of the picture....but this one here is a software program. It is a freeware program and I love it....and it is so easy to use.
http://bluefive.pair.com/

maelv

Originally Posted by garnet13aj
Also, if you go to the grocery store and ask for some clams, put them in a bowl and wait for them to burp and then place them in your tank.

Garnet, what does this exactly do? I am fairly new and don't know what purpose this serves. Thanks in advance.

garnet13aj

Go to the fish store of your grocery store and ask for about 10 clams, probably the smaller ones are better. When you get them home place them in a container and cover them with water from your tank. They will eventually (some faster than others) stick out a few tubes and possible release a few bubbles. At that point put them in their tank. Within a few days they will bury themselves. Just because they haven't moved doesn't mean their dead. If they are dead they will open up. It's a really easy, cheap way to start a cleanup crew. The clams are good because they stir the substrate so there won't be any dead spots. The only other things I know about them are they are filter feeders and the will lower trates.