BTA got stuck on a powerhead

elvictre

My wife called and my BTA got stuck on one of powerheads. She says he is still alive but he had some tentacles get chopped up in the powerhead. Will he make it or is he doomed.
Vic

james983

I sucked one up with a 1/2" hose vacuming tank once. Took a couple of days but made a full recovery. Only to be eaten a few weeks later by my Peppermint Shrimp.

T

thomas712

No way to tell, just have your wife unplug the power head and let it try to get out by itself. Then look for a sponge filter for your power head. try to remove the fallen tenticals if possible or at least run some fresh carbon for a couple of days. monitor your ammonia levels.
keep me posted and I'll help all I can.

elvictre

Thanks. I have carbon running. I like to run it to help with chemical warfare. The powerhead is unplgged now, but it's a SEIO 1100. So there is really no way to put a sponge filter on it. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks Again
Vic

misfit

Vic I had one same thing happened , that was 7 months ago since then he has doubled in size and is doing well. There is always hope :joy:

tonester

this happened to 2 of my 3 and one was chopped up, but he's doing well after a few weeks....
I pulled him out (kind of cutting him out) and just left him in the tank....

T

thomas712

I'm very glad to hear that. I appreciate your keeping me informed. I like to hear when anemones recover from something like this.
Thomas