BTA Peeking out

meowzer

Here is my BTA from the front of the tank...Not the best spot, but at least I can see it...OH and it's ALIVE!!!!

meowzer

Really...LOl... you really think it looks ok....I'm taking your advice and TRYING not to worry too much

gregstr56

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2969338
Really...LOl... you really think it looks ok....I'm taking your advice and TRYING not to worry too much
Ive had my BTA 4 weeks now and its attatched to a rock in the back. Mine seems to like to hide. Ive heard they like high light but mine is hanging from a rock in the back of my tank which blocks the light .. go figure

gregstr56

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2969461
I don't even try to figure them out anymore...
LOL yupp, i got 2 percs at the same time and there is no love between them yet. its weird but my BTA hasnt move 4 inches from the place i put it in the tank a month ago.. i had heard that they like to move around.. i guess it must like the spot it found or it just doesnt like moving.. but who does lol

meowzer

Originally Posted by Lmecher
http:///forum/post/2969545
Yes, I can definately see the rose color now. Look'in good lady

Thanks...It still does the deflation thing daily, but I am thinking that maybe since I have it in such a big tank with other fish that I feed daily, it is getting a lot of food thru the water flow
and that is why it does that...IDK just guessing

lmecher

This thing was discussed before, it's not eliminating (pooping LOL) every day is it?
Just deflating a bit at night is normal.

meowzer

I do not know what it is doing...LOL..Most of the time at night...sometimes during the day. And yes I had a previous post concerning this issue.

lmecher

Was it you, I thought it was someone else. Don't worry, I'm as bad as you remembering. It seems like something here is always pooping. I had about 10 mini's all going at the same time today. When they do you'd swear it was one of my long hairs in the water, I have at times been so sure it was hair I have tried to grab it out, ick. The big ones, it looks like a huge glob of black goo, I usually suck it out. Now why were we talking about poo. This conversation is going south fast.

meowzer

Well because of the position it has taken in the tank, I can not see the mouth, therefore I can not ever tell if anything is coming out of it. And when it deflates I really can't see it....I am just going to have to guess that this is normal for this guy/gal, as long as it is full more than deflated I know it's ok.

lmecher

In my humble opinion you can't miss anemone poo, it is....big to say the lesat. It looks good from the photo so the saying goes "if it ani't broke don't fix it"

sculpin

This sounds like the same problem I had with mine. When I first got it it found a little corner behind a rock and hid for like two weeks. It slowly started to peak out then BAM! And here it is today-

When mine started peaking out I fed it krill for a while and now it eats a silverside every other day. I think feeding and lighting is key to it staying put and coming out.
Good luck.
Sculpin

naclh2o nut

That is good to hear. I just added mine and he moved to back of tank in shade. I tore down half the tank to get to it and moved it to yhe front in a crevice. twenty minutes later the goofy thing is back in the corner.
Guess that is where it wants to be.

Hope it comes out, they are very nice looking in their glory.
I will wait and see what time brings.