Bubbles on my new lr, what to do.?

btldreef

Quick question before bed, comes from my husband, Where is your water change water coming from? *You may have posted this somewhere earlier, but it's midnight and I skimmed quickly and didn't see it*

btldreef

Originally Posted by Tax lady
http:///forum/post/3138543
o k i'm sold. Will get a skimmer. Was reading about Cyano and it is the red slime and
I have had that for a while now. on the glass, that is.
temp now is about 78. Was up to 82 in the heat of summer. Don't know what to do about that. Whenever it seemed to be getting higher than that I threw some ice in...but that was only a few times.
Bio balls, had some. Think I got rid of them. may have one or two left in tank, don't know.
I was reading about the skimmers for 24 aqpd and seems like it will not fit in back of tank except where the sponge filters are. And some say to take out the sponges and just leave the skimmer in.. Don't know if that is correct. Please comment on that.
thanks fo rall the info.
IMO, you don't need the bio balls or the sponge if you're running the skimmer. I had to take all of that out in my BioCube for the skimmer.
The setup we have in the BioCube is:
overflow with skimmer, water passes out of the skimmer and runs through a small cut piece of filter foam onto a bag of Chemi-Pure Elite (carbon) and then to the pump to be pumped back into the tank. My friend also runs almost the same set up on her Aquapod.
Good luck with your travel (and of course your tank)