Bubblicious split again

lmecher

My little rose just split again. I cought it this time. This is the littlest anemone and it just keeps splitting, I have been feeding heavily hoping for growth but it has a mind of it's own.

lmecher

You know it you were closer, I'd just give you one, I have so many and I feel so bad for all you have gone through. I am so sorry, posting this must seem insensative. I actually wish this little one would stop slpitting and just grow. How's yours today?

meowzer

I posted another quesstion, but I just ask you...have you ever had an anemone die w/o a smell.....this things looks awful, kinda long and icky....I just don't smell anything...Should I take it all the way out of the water? and then smell it?

lmecher

You could take it out of the water and smell it, sure. They always smell bad, very bad when they die. If it looks as bad as you say, may be on it's way out. But I would not dispose of it until you're sure.

meowzer

I know that's my problem.....I can't get rid of it unless I am 100%....BUT shouldn't I still be able to smell it under water? It is only about 1"-3" away from me in the basket.

lmecher

I think you need to at least take it partially out of the water in order to properly smell it. By the time your able to smell it while it is under water it will have poisoned your tank.

meowzer

It's dead
I did all I could.....But when I lifted it up some I KNEW it was GONE....I am going to put in my credit request, and get another one next week...hopefully it will do better.

meowzer

BTW your anemones are beautiful...how many do you actually have?...And this one is different than the little pink one you posted the other day isn't it?

lmecher

I am so sorry to you to hear that you lost it. Mine must have known that I offered you one because I just noticed now that it split into 3. My brother just came by and brought me another one. Lets see I have 9. This little one is not the bleached one I posted the photo of before, these are in a different tank.

meowzer

Thanks, I think the anemone was doomed from the beginning...I will try again next week.
How big is your tank? I didn't know you could have that many anemones.

lmecher

I started with one in my 37. It split after a year, 7 months later one of the clones split into 3. (one is going tomorrow) I am tearing this tank down and replacing it wiht a 50 gallon soon. I have a 14 gallon biocube, it was my first tank in here put the very small rose thinking I could move it if I needed to. It split twice in 2 months, now I have 5. Five in a 14 gallon is too many but they are all very tiny. I will be getting rid of them soon enough, our club has a frag swap comming up next month. Eventaully I want to keep all my roses in the 50. I also have a 15 gallon w/mini carpets, there were over 30 at last count but I know theres more than that now, they multiply like crazy. Lastly I have a 2&1/2 gallon next to my computer, it just has softies, a clown goby and loads of mini brittle stars. I didn't set out to have so many anemones, it just happened.

karensanemones

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2899399
Thanks, I think the anemone was doomed from the beginning...I will try again next week.
How big is your tank? I didn't know you could have that many anemones.
Meowzer, I have sent you a pm, please read before purchasing another anemone.
Karen from Karensroseanemones.com

cdangel0

Two comments on this thread:
1. You are aware anemones split due to stress correct? It's a survival mechanism. when they feel threatend (by parameters etc) they will split as it takes less ebergy to maintain a small nem then a big one. The thinking also goes that by splitting if 1 half dies the anemone can continue to live via the clone.
An anemone splitting that often is trying to tell you soemthing.
2. I would not recommend purchasing another anemone until you know what happened to the last one. If you aren't sure why something died then do not subject another animal to the same conditions.

lmecher

Originally Posted by Cdangel0
http:///forum/post/2901752
Two comments on this thread:
1. You are aware anemones split due to stress correct? It's a survival mechanism. when they feel threatend (by parameters etc) they will split as it takes less ebergy to maintain a small nem then a big one. The thinking also goes that by splitting if 1 half dies the anemone can continue to live via the clone.
An anemone splitting that often is trying to tell you soemthing.
2. I would not recommend purchasing another anemone until you know what happened to the last one. If you aren't sure why something died then do not subject another animal to the same conditions.

If you read the entire thread you'd understand this a little better. I have successfully been keeping roses, huge healthy roses for more than 2 1/2 years. This little rose is a recent addition. I spoke with Karen from karensroseanemones.com, she said as long as they are not bleached they should be fine. I will continue to watch them and as soon as I have my larger tank set up they are all going in there and we'll see if the MH/larger system will make a difference. Thanks you for your concern.
I think my friend meowzer just got a sick anemone shipped to her, given a healthy one, she'll do just fine.

braydonosu

Lmecher
Are you ever willing to sell your clones? I see you said that you will trade them at swaps, but I have a friend in Chicago and visit a few times a year. i would really be interested in one of your little anemones if the price and timing were right.

meowzer

"I think my friend meowzer just got a sick anemone shipped to her, given a healthy one, she'll do just fine."
Thank you for that...LOL....
I thought bubbles split when they reproduce?

lmecher

Originally Posted by braydonosu
http:///forum/post/2901917
Lmecher
Are you ever willing to sell your clones? I see you said that you will trade them at swaps, but I have a friend in Chicago and visit a few times a year. i would really be interested in one of your little anemones if the price and timing were right.
Contact me when you plan on comming to Chicago. Have not priced them yet, it will be reasonable. I am not selling them all just a couple.
Meowzer, they split most often from stress in our aquariums but also when perfectly content becuse they must. lol