Bud if a fish does not come along soon I want out of this tank

meowzer

LOl...Joe do those 2 fight? every time I have tried 2 cleaners in a tank.....I mysteriously end up with one

E

eric b 125

^ I have the same sinularia in my tank and man does it spread like crazy. I wish I'd have never put it in my tank. Now every so often I have to go around the tank and pull stalks out. Funny, because I had to do it earlier today.

florida joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/387347/bud-if-a-fish-does-not-come-along-soon-i-want-out-of-this-tank#post_3407770
LOl...Joe do those 2 fight? every time I have tried 2 cleaners in a tank.....I mysteriously end up with one
Oh Lois you had to ask. The story is as follows. While doing some tank maintenance on my tank a large rock fell to the substratum and as luck would have it landed on my long time tank resident cleaner shrimp. He was turned into shrimp pâté. I think they do a good job in a reef tank so off to my lFS I went. After bringing home two new cleaners (in separate bags) I placed then in one container to acclimate. Knowing that shrimp are very prone to water parameter changes I was going to keep them in acclamation for at least two hours. After an hour they seemed to be getting on each other’s nerves. I put them in separate vessels. When the acclamation time was complete I placed them on opposite sides of the tank. They found each other none the less and seem to enjoy each other’s company

slice

BOTH of my cleaners are carrying eggs!!
I read up on how this is possible and it does happen, but the eggs may not be fertile, nothing more than free food.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida joe http:///t/387347/bud-if-a-fish-does-not-come-along-soon-i-want-out-of-this-tank#post_3409193
looks like the RG is waiting around for a free meal
I can't take a picture without "Dottie" trying to be the center of attention. I have to distract her away for a pic without her in it.
If the ~13 day incubation period I read about is accurate, I should know this weekend. At least it will be some free fresh coral food.
The last "birth" we had in the tank was emerald crabs. The Green Chromis we had at that time, ate them up before they got more than a couple of inches away from mother, but the RG didn't seem the least bit interested...