Bugs In My Tank...ID Please

djtonton

What kind of bugs are these finally got a good close up:

[hr]
I also have a question about my coral. They used to look like this:

now they look like this ( I did move the coral around but I was careful when i moved it could this of caused this?):

djtonton

Originally Posted by NickBorowitz
http:///forum/post/2783788
The munnid isopod is a harmless and even benficial herbivorus isopod
You guys are fantastic!!!! Thanks for the info Nick!
You think the coral will be okay?
I have another question... I have a 14 gal bio cube. I have the factory pump in the back chamber and it sucks. It barley pushes out water. So i got a korolina nano pump. Do you think thats to much flow for such a little tank?
Thanks in advance!

gsellers

the koralia nano should be fine in the 14...also the xenia look like they are melting...have you had a nitrate spike or any parameter spike for that matter?

djtonton

Originally Posted by GSELLERS
http:///forum/post/2783848
the koralia nano should be fine in the 14...also the xenia look like they are melting...have you had a nitrate spike or any parameter spike for that matter?
No I will try that tomorrow.
Thanks!

subielover

Just a heads up, I have a BC 14 as well. I have a koralia 1 and a maxijet 900 for a return pump, they work great and I have nice flow in the tank.

mandarine65

I have that same pink coral and it alwmost died once. In fact I thought it was dead and almost threw it out. But after some water adjustments it came back and is doing fine, double its original size. But what is it called? Is it a member of the xenia family?
Also, I have a biocube too. Mine is the 40g. I have been having a couple of problems with mine. First of all, I can't keep the water in the back tank (the one with the minimum/maximum window) to stay in between the two water markers. It keeps dropping below the minimum which causes the tank to fill up with bubbles, sometimes so many bubbles you cant see the fish. (Are the bubbles bad for the fish by the way?)
The second problem is that the fan has begun to get really loud and clangy. I have tapped on the lid a few times and it has quieted down, but I'm afraid I'm just going to break it if I keep hitting it. Besides, its just a few months old and it shouldn't be doing this.
sorry about highjacking your post and being so long winded, but we seem to have the same problems.

meowzer

I was just about to post a question on bugs, I do not have a camera that would take a picture like yours.
Anyway, I decided to look if maybe someone else asked about this, and here it is....I have those same bugs "Munnid Isopods" BUT, Once again, thanks to this forum, I now know what they are. I was pretty worried last night when I saw all of them, and now I can stop because it seems to me that they are harmless....whew!!!!