Building sump in basement!

snakeblitz33

Very nice! Make sure the whole screen on both sides is covered and getting enough flow. Once it starts getting seeded with hair algae, you can turn up the flow.
I didn't even have a diatom bloom in my 20g as I was running the scrubber - the scrubber turned really brown though! Then it started turning green. I got pics posted somewhere...
I'm excited for yah! Can't wait to see your results in the next two weeks. Oh yeah, that's how long it takes to get a screen started. lol

habsfan

It is but I haven't cleaned it. The tank actually looks like it's clearing up. Looks better today. I'll just give it some time.

habsfan

Things are ok. Tank is cleared up. Scrubber is getting pretty brown. I had to move the lights back a bit because the center of the screen wasn't growing anything. I still haven't got any filter pad to put in sump for bubbles. My LFS isn't so local. Just haven't had the time to go.

habsfan

Did a water change tonight and decided to plug in my skimmer and try again. It hasn't been on in weeks since I first tried it. It started skimming immediately! I think it was just too clean before because I cleaned it with vinegar. Must have a nice coating on it now so the bubbles cllimb right up. I got some filter pad too.

habsfan

Yeah looks like there's still bubbles. Tank lights are off right now and leaving town tomorrow morning. Have to take pic next week.