Buying a Lobster from Wal-Mart.

windmill

I've been tempted to buy one of those lobsters that Wal-Mart or other food stores keep. They have rubber bands on their claws......how dangerous could it be? If it outgrew my tank, I could always eat it.

stdreb27

Don't do it those lobsters are in 40 degree water, to keep em in hybernation. So they don't have to feed em. Go to a red lobster and stick your finger in their tank it is cold.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by windmill
I've been tempted to buy one of those lobsters that Wal-Mart or other food stores keep. They have rubber bands on their claws......how dangerous could it be? If it outgrew my tank, I could always eat it.

Gotta admit, IVE NEVER seen this statement before! HA HA LOL

florida

lol try geting fresh crab head over to the docks (if u live close to a bay) they m8t sell u some live ones

alyssia

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Gtota admit, IVE NEVER seen this statement before! HA HA LOL

Yeah, this is a new one.

reefkprz

that lobster would either destroy your reef tank (even with its claws banded it will eat everything. or get sick and die from the water being far too warm for it. I live in maine (where most of those lobsters are caught) and the ocean temp is wayyy colder than your reef tank. You would have to have a coldwater marine tank for it to be healthy.

cjml

Kidding--yes??? :notsure: :notsure:

ukcats

Usually its the "DSB vs SSB which should I do", "how to get rid of ick/flatworms", "how many tangs can i fit in a 20 gallon tank", "Help me with my Stocking list for my 5 million gallon tank that I'm getting in 6 months(and will prolly never get)..." (that ones my favorite!!!). I have never seen anyone want to raise food before!
Try buying a cow and placing it in your Backyard! If it gets to be too much you'll have steak 4 a year!!! lol!
:hilarious

stdreb27

Originally Posted by UKCATS
Usually its the "DSB vs SSB which should I do", "how to get rid of ick/flatworms", "how many tangs can i fit in a 20 gallon tank", "Help me with my Stocking list for my 5 million gallon tank that I'm getting in 6 months(and will prolly never get)..." (that ones my favorite!!!). I have never seen anyone want to raise food before!
Try buying a cow and placing it in your Backyard! If it gets to be too much you'll have steak 4 a year!!! lol!
:hilarious
hey we do that all the time in texas, I have a buddy raising about 4 cows for some friends right now! You laugh but oh if you have ever had fresh beef, once we slaughtered a cow and rotisseried the entire leg, talk about good food!!!! Then we had all the beef we could dream about for a year or so, untill the dang hurricane wiped out power and the freezer went out. Crap.

drewissett

ROTFLOL
WOW, I thought the post about the grocery clams was innovative and funny, but this???

I'm still laughing, if you do it i want pictures!!

ukcats

Originally Posted by stdreb27
hey we do that all the time in texas, I have a buddy raising about 4 cows for some friends right now! You laugh but oh if you have ever had fresh beef, once we slaughtered a cow and rotisseried the entire leg, talk about good food!!!! Then we had all the beef we could dream about for a year or so, untill the dang hurricane wiped out power and the freezer went out. Crap.

I know a guy who did that too. I really was laughing at the lobster guy...

m5beast

Oh man.. I was in Publix the other day thinking the same thing... how friggin funny would it be to have liberated a poor lobster and have him in his own tank... Of Course it would eat everything but it would be too funny...
I seriously considered it for awhile... never thought about the tanks temperature though, good point...

alyssia

Originally Posted by stdreb27

We buy 1/4 a cow from my husband's friend's farm twice a year. It is WAYYY better than the meat you get at the store.

sea slug

I've thought about getting one of those huge lobsters too, this thread makes me feel better because, now I know that I'm not totally derranged

seriously