calcium kalkwasser Mix

jimbo449

:confused: Hi I need a little help from someone with alot more knowledge than me with this Kalkwasser mix for calcium. I have a 90 gal. reef tank with some coral and need to bring the calcium up for it's way to low to support my sustem. I'm using a 1gal container for the mix about how long of a time period shoud it take me to drip that into the tank asnot to raise the PH level to high to fast. Any help woud be appreciated and Thank you in advance for your help

balashark21

search for a thread called kalk dripping 101: i think that is what it is called it is by kipass. and the easiest way is to calculate yourevap rate by figuring out how much you top off everyday, and just doing enough to mach the evap rate

jimbo449

Bang Guy i forgot to mention that my calcium is330ppm right now and that I only put one teaspoon for a gallon of water. Wil this bring me to 425-450 where I think is should be. How many ppm should I raise it per day to be safe

bang guy

Before adding Turbo Calcium you'll need to know your Alkalinity level.
Feel free to start using 2 teaspoons/gallon of water with the Kalk powder.

bang guy

Perfect :D
OK, I agree with addingthe Calcium chloride then to bump up your Calcium in line with your Alk.

jimbo449

i want to thank everyone for their help with this subject. I don't know what us novice people would do with out the help of experienced one's. i commened your dedication