Calcium problem?

hkgar

I am adding 2 cups of Randy 2 part formula every day and dosing about a gallon of Kalk and my calcium stays at about 350. I am also getting calcium build up on the impellers of my pumps and power heads. Is this calcification on the impellers normal? Also the sponges on the pumps get full of the calcium (or maybe the part 2 mix) and turn almost to stone. Am I doning some thing wrong?
Oh Yah. Tank is 90 plus a 30 gallon sump and I have about 200 polups of candy cane coral which probably sucks up a lot of calcium.
Mag is 1380 and dKh is 8. Ph about 8.1 or 8.2
Thanks in advance!

bang guy

You're getting Carbonate precipitation and the trick is to figure out why.
How are you dosing the limewater? What time of day? How are you making it?
What time of day are you testing PH? What's the PH 12 hours later?
How are you adding the two part?
My instincts tell me that you are overdosing the two part and causing a precipitation event every time you dose it. I'll wait for your answers to give a better guess.
FYI - The animals you listed will indeed consume Carbonate and Calcium but there aren't enough of them to consume a LOT.

hkgar

Bang Guy
Answers to your questions
How are you dosing the limewater? What time of day? How are you making it?
I am dripping the kalk at about a drop a second. Usually during daylight hours. I make it by adding 4 teaspoons to 2 gallons of water and shaking vigorously. I then let it set for a couple hours and add to a bottle that I am running a siphon from with a drip controller.
What time of day are you testing PH? What's the PH 12 hours later?
I usually test for PH late afternoon after the lights have been on for about 4-5 hours
I sort of figured it was precipitation but don't know how to solve it. The dKh goes up to about 11-12 right after adding the 2 part and then by mid PM it is down to 7-8

bang guy

I'm still thinking that you are overdosing.
Try dosing either the 2 part or the limewater, but not both, for a week or so and see what happens.
Dose after lights out or the last thing you do for the day. If you chose limewater then drip it overnight instead of during the day.
Bang Zen Philisophy:
Calcium, Carbonate, and PH are like a triangle. The goal is to make all sides equal. If you make one side long then one or both of the other sides must become shorter to compensate.
Dosing during the day raises PH. When PH is high the water cannot hold as much Calcium. PH typically drops at night so if you dose at night the triangle stays the same size.