callin all Texans

seasalt101

if you are from texas post up trying to find people for trading, ordering, just shootin the breeze, so if you live in the lone star state put your location, name(if you don't mind) and your tank info have a good day tobin in west texas 150 reef in progress :happyfish

michaeltx

I miss West Texas and all The great stores there!!!.
I lived in Lubbock for sometime. are you part of the west texas reef club?
Mike

seasalt101

no do you know how to contact them? i know locally i have 3 stores store1 high casualty rate, store2 30 miles away and the owner/ only employee got into this about the same time as me store3 by appt only and about the same distance i would like to look in lubbock 2 hr drive and i have a knack for impulse buying i would worry if i bought a fish and i probably would arghhhh tobin

gubber

Hey I'm from Texas, San Antonio Tx. that is. I have a small 10gal tank here at work that I'm just getting started. I've had a little trouble with the ich thing but I've been given some good advise on how to treat it.

tarrahsmom

I am from Perryton, Tx which is way, way, up in the corner of the texas panhandle. My closest lfs is in Amarillo, 2 hours away!

michaeltx

so a search for lubbock reef and you find it.
there is actually 3 stores that sell in that area.
1 mr aquarium *saltwater only store*
2 high tech *freshwater and saltwater only*
3 bonetts pets in the mall. * I dont recomend this store AT ALL unelss they have changed alot since I was there poor conditions improper setups you name it*
Mike

stdreb27

I'm from huntsville, tx you can visit me free by killing someone in an especially brutal way. The lights flicker then dim out when they execute people. It is pretty interesting.

I used to live in El Paso. But that was before I got really into fish tanks.

rad

Originally Posted by GUBBER
Hey I'm from Texas, San Antonio Tx. that is. I have a small 10gal tank here at work that I'm just getting started. I've had a little trouble with the ich thing but I've been given some good advise on how to treat it.
San Antonio FTW! Best place here (without question) is Aquarium Designs, if you go there tell them "Conrad" sent you. And ask for Jason, hes going to be the busiest one there. making his day harder is always a plus in my book.

evieb

I am in Laredo, TX and I have a 55 gallon tank. I've had it for a little over 2 years. Hope to upgrade soon. The only store here to buy anything from is ***** thats why I order what I want online. I'll be visiting Austin in April and hopefully I'll find a good store there. Any suggestions?

stdreb27

The closest real store is fish r us in the woodlands. They aren't that great as far as swf go. Really high on there fish. But they usually have nice fish. Not so good on frags tho. There is a tiny pet store he will order you some fish. Pretty cheap I got a dog face puffer for like 20 bucks and he was 3 to 4 inches long. and a tomato clown for 14. The 2 I've ordered from him have been really nice, no ich or parasites. the only problem is that you have to stay on him to get it. Then he'll say he ordered it only for it not to show up in a shipment. Like I told him I want to order 200 dollars of fish two weeks ago. And he never called me back. But I've really liked the fish he has. Just getting them in. And I wouldn't let them in his tank. The water is nasty. I get them when his order gets there and acclimate them directly to my tank.

sarge57

San Angelo texas here, I have a 55 gal fowl and a 24 gal aqua pod with the 150 w MH. Just got inti the coral tank and only have mushrooms and one piece of candy cane coral with 1 firefish 1 royal gramma and 1 neon goby, I would post all my fish that I have in my 55 gal but I would be bashed on the amount of fish I have in there, but they all seem to be happy. If you ever get to San Angelo we have a really nice LFS and the guy who owns it really knows his stuff and he has some awsume saltwate setup as displays in his store.

ken w. good

I live in Tyler, Texas. I have a 40 gallon aquarium that I got for Christmas and I have finally set it up to my satisfaction.
Ken