callin all Texans

quads4_lif

Originally Posted by rabid frog
I dont live in Texas anymore, but I used to live in amarillo and lubbock. Worked for Pantex for a number of years, and worked for Judy at the bubbles aquarium store. The owner of fish pros once asked me if I would be interested in opening a fish pros here in albuquerque when he found out I was moving here. His other store is in California, right? At least that is what I remember.
I never got to see Mr. Aquarium when they finished the store, but that is who I got my first MH set up from. It is still going strong today. I cannot reccomend Kyle and his crew enough. What a great store that was.
Yes Anthony's other store is in California. But When I talked to him the other day he is trying to sell it so he can open a store in Lubbock. Grand opening set (not in stone) for mid November

armandoc

Angleton, TX here...
currently have a 100, 40, 29L, 20 and three 10's going.
Upgrading to a 240 this summer when I buy my first house (told my wife that it was a requirment if she wanted a house!
).
Will also be picking up a 180 this x-mas from my wife's brother in N. Cali who is driving it down for me. He's using a 100 and doesn't have any need for his 180 anymore.

armandoc

Originally Posted by getfooled
ArmandoC, what is the closest LFS you deal with. Any recomendations? RU going to do any Frag's? Lance
GF,
I get most of my frags from the internet (SWF + several other sites). I also have a friend in Texas City who I trade/buy from. He has a 180 reef setup in his living room with about 50-60 different LPS, SPS, and softies in it that he trades and sells.
Right now, the only frags that I have are some Kenys Tree's, Anthelia sp (waving hand), and a couple of zoos. Should have much more in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know if your interested.
email is acaceres at cmaaccess dot com.

laredo300c

LAREDO TX......8 month old 55 gal ...turning from fowlr to reef....there is absolutely nothing in laredo,,,i go to wolf reef in san antonio(leon valley) and alamo aquatics also in san antonio leon valley section...two good stores very good corals. bought all my stuff from wolf reef.....has maybe 5 210 gallon tanks full of corals, and fish. alamo aquatics has maybe 100 small sw aquariums and 10 125 gal coral aquariums plus a 2000 gal dispaly tank with a huge morray eel...awesome..

rad

^I went to alamo aquatics and I wasnt too impressed. They did have a good selection of fish but when it came to corals there was barely anything. True they did have a couple big tanks for the corals but they werent full with anything worth while or even at all and they were hella expensive. The eel was pretty big and ugly though, you'd think they would scrub some of the algae out of that tank. And wolf reef is one of the stores I want to go to. I heard the guys are jerks and the prices are high but I still want to see what they have to offer. just have to wait for a cool day so the engine dosnt take it so hard... would you say they have exotic corals over there?

laredo300c

as far as i know only the owner and his wife workd in wolf reef...they have a web page with up to date selection and price.....they go to los angeles once a month to hand pick coral and after they come back...they have the whole store at 25% off including every single coral on sale ...last time i went i bought a nice small size rock with maybe 25 different small polyps for 12.99 and i bought 10 red leg crabs for .59 cents each.........i will be going up sometime in april and definetely sticking with them...alamo aquatics now has a poor livestock health but their coral section is amazing...they now have all their tanks full...honestly i'll stick with wolf reef because i thought they were both knowledgable and curtious.....i asked how much for a small small individual mushroom at the bottom of the sand and they gave it to me free...it has attached itself to a rock on it's own and seems to be growing a little ..

rad

dood, sounds like a great store. I will definitely have to check it out. Thanks for the response.

jenni620

bedford, texas here!! 90 gallon fish only.... and cycling a 40 gallon future reef!! (oh and a 55 gallon freshwater...can't forget them!) :joy:

brithor

Houston, TX
46 gallon bow thats been going for about 7 months now.
The stores I frequent are Aquarium World on 290, Fish Gallery at 59 and Kirby and just recently discovered Pet Place or something like that on Beechnut by Beltway 8. Got my tank and supplies from Aquarium World but have most of my livestock from Fish Gallery. Would say Fish Gallery appears to be the higher quality stuff and they do a lot of the commercial work around town. Their prices were noticeably higher when they first moved to their new location but they seem a lot more reasonable lately and have started offering online coupons and such which is one of the things I liked about Aquarium World. Haven't had much luck with livestock from Aq. World but they are good at honoring their 7 day guarantee for fish that don't make it.

jpwmlw51

Abilene Here, 150 gal reef, just getting started...only one local LPS not to great with service, other is big corp
all info will help. is a not so LPS close?

keith burn

Houston, TX
75g,55g,48gbow,30g,26g bow,20g,10g,2.5g,125g soon
Houston has a lot of good Fish stors.
On the week end fish runs i hit like 5 to 6 lfs. in about 100m run.
And fish gallery
IS
the best of all.

emilaya101

Hey ya'll, I'm from fredericksburg tx, in the hill country. I ahve a 55 gal setup, and I'm ahhin my first fish next week ! I'm so excited
No fish stores areound me, so I go aquatek in austin. They rock.

hobrien

Midland, TX here, I grew up in the DFW (Coppell) till feb last year.
240 gallon waiting to be built into a new room addition. 120 gallon fowlr. 75 gallon just started. I am very interested in going in on orders with people from west texas

valgae

im in victoria, tx. on the coast. 2hrs from houston,san antonio,corpus christi. i currently have a 50 gal and a 70 in the works.