Can anyone ID this?

blb9

This coral came on my live rock(uncured) and is doing very well. It's entire tissue swells up during the day.

blb9

Thank you all for the feedback! I'm sorry I did'nt post more info, but here it is-
-there is a hard skeleton that the coral retracts in during the night when it is disturbed
-the polyps have connected tissue that swells up
-the coral has been in my tank for 9 months. this photo is one of two colonies
-the second colony succumbed to brown jelly infections until it was invisible, but the it miraculously revived and is now growing quickly. More than 40 polyps are visible in this colony.
-when I first noticed these colonies, they greatly resembled goniopora(they had a 'stem' to thier polyps)
-this causes me to think they are gonioporas, but I have never heard of a goniopora surviving a massive tissue die-off to brown jelly before

jam1e

holy crap .. it's amillion little feather dusters! .. i thought so at first but didn't say anything but retracting into tubes is definetly a caracteristic of them .. sorry about the spelling

jam1e

stick your hand in the tank near them and if they all close up then they're feather dusters

fishieness

Originally Posted by Jam1e
holy crap .. it's amillion little feather dusters! .. i thought so at first but didn't say anything but retracting into tubes is definetly a caracteristic of them .. sorry about the spelling
naw. those are def not feather dusters. im sticking to goniopora. they will also contract their polyps at night into their skeleton. never did it mention tubes. only a skeleton

jam1e

well .. is it more of a tube sticking out with a hole on the end or just a hole where it was?

fishieness

Originally Posted by Jam1e
well .. is it more of a tube sticking out with a hole on the end or just a hole where it was?
but look. there are obvious centers. it isnt just feathers.

jam1e

Originally Posted by fishieness
but look. there are obvious centers. it isnt just feathers.
good point .. but it might just be the camera .. we need another photo

sign guy

what is that thing that looks like a feather duster
its bad and spreads like wildfire also peps eat it I cant remember the name starts with A
but could this be that?

jam1e

could these be zoanthids? .. now that I look at the second pic I think they might be that .. their either that or feather dusters becuase Gonipora has a sphere base and that's not a sphere