Can I use this for my homeaid food.

mckaax

scallops ,Haddock filets ,squat lobster tail chucks, white shrimp with shell on. The shrimp and lobster have preservatives in them. Will that be ok?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, sounds good. You may want to also add a bit of algae into the diet. Just keep in mind the individual needs of your fish. I'd remove shells unless you have larger fish such as puffers.

mckaax

Well I am not sure if it was worth it or not but I made me some food. Let me tell you next time I will be leaving out the oysters, not only were they disgusting but they stunk up my house very bad. Here is a picture of the product after its was all mixed up.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Your fish are smacking their lips! I usually flatten out that mixture, freeze slightly then slice into large squares for storage until ready to use, then when ready to feed, just slice off what is needed, defrost a bit in a water from your tank, then feed. Store in freezer. If you need to chop it up a bit more for smaller fish, I use one of those very small counter choppers, dump the food in with some tank water, chop it up.

bang guy

I would avoid food with preservatives. It won't hurt your fish but it could have an effect on your biological filtration.

kaseykagan

I divide up single servings and put them in ice cube trays. Put in some RO Water and freeze them up. When frozen I pop them out into a freezer bag and defrost them as needed. Works great and I do up about a months supply at a time!

mckaax

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2514234
YAMMOLA! Can you give me your recipy please?
scallops ,Haddock fillets ,squat lobster tail chucks, white shrimp,oysters, All about equal amount. then I added a package of seaweed, 1/4 bottle of Selcon, some cyclopeeze, and little Formula One and Two.

mckaax

Anyone ever tried there home aid food? OMG!! Its to die for!!!
I do not suggest you try this, you are very likely to get sick.