Can just one supporter of the AR-15 please annswer a simple few questions with no spin?

darthtang aw

Yeah. Been thinking about that or a 308 receiver but now I am going to hold off and see how far the libs get with the ban nonsense. I will never register any gun I own so if they have to votes to ban I will sell it and get something else. I am going to go ahead and get some extended mags for the Witness and the Glock. Just realized I own a Ruger P39 now too. Forgot about that. I am sure they have some 30 round clips for those too.
I thought about the .308, but the beowulf was easier. I have a mosin I am getting ready to retrofit. It fills in nicely for a .308.....I just haven't had the time to do it yet. Plus surplus ammo runs me 5 bucks for 20....which I can live with.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393813/can-just-one-supporter-of-the-ar-15-please-annswer-a-simple-few-questions-with-no-spin/40#post_3504852
I thought about the .308, but the beowulf was easier. I have a mosin I am getting ready to retrofit. It fills in nicely for a .308.....I just haven't had the time to do it yet. Plus surplus ammo runs me 5 bucks for 20....which I can live with.
Cheap bullets are good. President stone head's ban on selling surplus brass messed up the ammo market.

darthtang aw

Cheap bullets are good. President stone head's ban on selling surplus brass messed up the ammo market.
I honestly think that was brought about by the ammunition manufactures....

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393813/can-just-one-supporter-of-the-ar-15-please-annswer-a-simple-few-questions-with-no-spin/40#post_3504855
I honestly think that was brought about by the ammunition manufactures....
I knew a guy who worked for a commercial reloader in Montana. This was several years ago but he was telling me the government had stopped selling the brass at one point and it caused the prices to spike. All the sudden the reloaders were competing for new brass. The really stupid part of this is the government is selling the brass for scrap. They lose a lot of money doing it that way. But then again how much are they losing by not selling the Korean war surplus M1's?

beaslbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///t/393813/can-just-one-supporter-of-the-ar-15-please-annswer-a-simple-few-questions-with-no-spin#post_3504547
I tried asking this in the other thread, but it kept getting deflected and changed. So, I will ask in standard testing format here, hoping to get a response or two, because I genuinely want to know. Not because I think I'm right and you're wrong, but because I honestly want to know the justification in your head.
1. While I fully support the right to defend your home with a 9mm, shotgun, and other small capacity weapons, I feel like a semi-automatic assault rifle serves no purpose other than carnage. You, as the owner of an assault rifle, purchased that weapon because it offers what advantages, which a 9mm or shotgun does not?
Not a gun owner here but I can for certain the difference between an assult weapon and other weapons is cosmetic.
In fact the only
difference is cosmetic.