Can pot save the California budget?

deejeff442

i dont see why they dont legalize it.
the govt. can controll the strength of the stuff tax the hell out of it and like the last poster said less nonviolent criminals in jail.
i havent smoked that junk for 20 yrs but i know a few people that smoke instead of drink.
to each thier own but it is not an addictive substance and i dont hear about wife beatings because of too much pot.
it will always be around and who ever wants it can get it.
hell i can get anything i want with a couple phone calls to some shady friends.
but i'll stick to my coors light ,if fact got one in front of me right now.

aquaknight

Right
.... The same people that grow and use pot now, when it's 100% illegal are going to be the ones that strictly abide by the "you can process and buy from us so we can collect taxes from you, but not grow yourself laws".... Definitely

deejeff442

yea good point.
but people are lazy also.
maybe they will smoke it faster than it grows?
my friend has a hydroponic set up in his attic.

sickboy

I do believe they should legalize the growth & use of marijuana across the US. The obvious reason has been stated already, it can be taxed like tobacco & alcohol. Some people do brew their own beer, but a majority go to the store and buy it. It would be a source of revenue.
Also, hemp is a really useful substance. We would never have to use another tree for paper for one. Then clothes, ropes, and a bunch of other stuff....where is a hippie to ask when I need one....

mantisman51

I hope Cali does legalize it. The Netherlands is experiencing a massive wave of violence, which according to MSNBC, is the result of drug gangs fighting for a larger share of the drug market. Anything that will destroy Cali before it can ruin the rest of the country works for me. Besides, all the meth heads that moved here from Cali will move back. Have all the potheads you want Cali-PLEASE LEGALIZE IT!

T

tizzo

I think when they implement new stratagies to help with a deficit, they are fooling themselves.
It's an excuse, but it never really pans out. I mean, look at all the lotteries meant to help the public school systems. In the state I moved from, NC, they sold a LOT of lottery tickets, but more schools consolidated districts, and more teachers got laid off than I've ever seen before!
If they wanna legalize it, then do it, but don't go acting like it's gonna help everybody.

Personally, since I don't use the stuff, I could care less if they legalize it or not...
And I think a good point was made. If they do legalize it, then most would stop growing it due to laziness... Heck, look at tobacco! 5 bucks a pack and I don't (personally) know of anyone growing their own.

deejeff442

they might start growing tobacco funny my wife told me yesterday her sister called to see what a carton costs here in fort worth.
i think its 45-50 dollars she said its 75 a carton in buffalo.
thats just nuts.
she said it is 45 dollars a carton for the tax.
the messed up thing is i smoke cigars here and there and the barely went up at all.so whats the difference?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3081081
they might start growing tobacco funny my wife told me yesterday her sister called to see what a carton costs here in fort worth.
i think its 45-50 dollars she said its 75 a carton in buffalo.
thats just nuts.
she said it is 45 dollars a carton for the tax.
the messed up thing is i smoke cigars here and there and the barely went up at all.so whats the difference?
Make a trip into OK and find an indian resort. That will knock another 15 or so bucks off a carton...
As if Americans aren't dumb enough as it is, and you want to make it legal... Have you ever spoken with a long term pot head. It is painful...

deejeff442

i dont smoke but my sister in law goes to canada and buys them.
duty free shop.just stick them under the seat on the trip back.
i have a couple friends that have been pot heads thier whole life.
half are pretty smart and the other pretty smart as a rock.
also have a few friends that are smart as a rock without it.
common sence is losing ground these days.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3081099
Have you ever spoken with a long term pot head. It is painful...
That's a very poor generalization. I know many people that have smoked for many years. People ranging from Attorney's, to Engineers to Project managers to other IT professionals like myself.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by DragonZim
http:///forum/post/3081159
That's a very poor generalization. I know many people that have smoked for many years. People ranging from Attorney's, to Engineers to Project managers to other IT professionals like myself.
Not really a poor generalization at all. Just because you have a fancy job, doesn't change the fact that you might be an inept moron. I know lots of Attorneys, engineers, project managers and IT professionals, that are blithering idiots. I work with them every day.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3081161
Not really a poor generalization at all. Just because you have a fancy job, doesn't change the fact that you might be an inept moron. I know lots of Attorneys, engineers, project managers and IT professionals, that are blithering idiots. I work with them every day.
And I know many pot smokers that are intelligent, well spoken, successful members of society

mantisman51

I'm with stdreb, I have seen too many burnouts. But, I don't care, unlike stdreb. I want potheads to smoke their useless lives away. We're told that legalization will make it safer for everyone, but The Netherlands has become a cauldron of street crime-far worse in the drug zones. But, again, I don't care. I say let them smoke their weed. The potheads will thin their populations and then they will move on to legalize cocaine, then heroine, then... just as they did in The Netherlands. Again, I say do it-just to get rid of the useless bodies that will use it.