Can y'all see this?

scotts

I am not sure if you have to be logged into the site to see it or not. travel bug If you can, ain't it great how nice people are being to my son? If you can't then sorry, you are really missing something special.

scotts

Awesome you can see it.
Look at how nice people are being to my son. They are taking the time to write something out and take pictures with their pets with the travel bug. They don't need to do that. Normally people write something like "Found this Travel bug and will move it along." So for them to take the time to wrote what they do for my son..... well it touches me. Shows there are good people in this world. Sometimes it helps to be reminded of that.

cranberry

You're gonna have to explain it a little more to me.... I'm not quite getting what it's all about. I worked last night so it could just be my brain.

scotts

First off this Link is part of geocaching. We placed a "travel bug" for everyone in the family. A travel bug is something that people move from one cache to another cache, usually with a set goal. For my son he could not figure out what to do so I asked people to say Hi to him and tell them about their pets, since he really likes our pets. Well people are taking their time to write a nice description and take pictures.
Like I said I like it when people are nice to my son, I am kind of a sucker that way.

cranberry

Ohhhhhhhh! Now I see. Your guy brought out the best in them.
That's really a neat idea.... I wonder if it's too late for the 12 year old to enjoy something like this.

nw2salt08

That's awesome! So good to see people taking the time to let him know where his gnome is and share a little bit of their lives with him. I bet he enjoys finding out where his gnome has landed next.

calbert0

Great to see such a positive response. We all know how much people like talking about their pets (swf.com is proof enough) so that was a great idea to get good responses for the travel bug.
I worked (for free) for the Autism Legislation Project. Its a non-profit that works to research gather promote and implement legislation related to Autism. Everyone should definitely check out their website, it is a great program.
http://www.autismlegislation.org/index.html

scotts

Calbert I think I love you. In case you are a dude, well you understand it is the man-love thing.
It is great how nice how great people can be isn't it? Cranberry, a 12 year old could like geocaching. Not MY kids of course. My son hates it for obvious reasons and my daughter hates it because what would happen if one of her friends SEES US while we are geocaching, HOW Totally Embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!

cranberry

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/3248099
It is great how nice how great people can be isn't it? Cranberry, a 12 year old could like geocaching.
I don't know if I could pry the xBox controller out of his hands long enough....
Where he's not allowed to play it during the week, it's like xBox Marathon weekends around here.

scotts

Here are some of the pictures of what people have done to Daniel's travel gnome. Isn't it great how kind these people can be to a total stranger, to take their time to do this.

Some people said he was going to a cold weather cache so they put a scarf on him.

scotts

Yep! Exactly. We asked that they post pictures of their animals and tell Daniel about what pets they have. But people are going above and beyond and taking pictures of the gnome WITH their pets. It is awesome!

meowzer

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/3267413
Yep! Exactly. We asked that they post pictures of their animals and tell Daniel about what pets they have. But people are going above and beyond and taking pictures of the gnome WITH their pets. It is awesome!
Sounds like a really neat thing.....Just goes to show you....there are some nice people left

crypt keeper

we geocache around here on our motorcycles. My buddy has done a bunch of them. You go out find things wirte your name in it or leave something. its actually really fun to do.