Car Insurance with Gender equality

michelle l

Originally Posted by 37g Joe
Im not responsilbe for others actions nor should I be targeted to pay for thier mistakes or thier extra costs. Young Women cost medical insurance companies more due to the fact they have babies so in your reasoning we should charge that demographic more in medical insurance but we dont !!!!!!
Last time I looked, young men also take part in the conception of babies. Therefore, they are also responsible for the birthing process. Women are just the carrying case.

37g joe

Originally Posted by Michelle L
Last time I looked, young men also take part in the conception of babies. Therefore, they are also responsible for the birthing process. Women are just the carrying case.
I knew some one was gonna bring that up I was only using this as an example to show how unfair it is to have seperate insurance rates for men and women

1journeyman

...these are stastics showing that women use the health care far more than men so in general so obviously it is unfair for men to pay more in insurace for cars butrt women get to pay the same in health insurance...
Again, FALSE.. women pay MORE for health insurance. So do smokers, overweight people, consumers of alcohol, etc. (subject to individual companies and their underwriting...)

michelle l

According to the US Census released in September 2001, there were 5,314,780 more women in the US than men.
So, of course the statistics will show more women released from hospitals and utilizing health care...there are a lot more of us!!

socal57che

Originally Posted by Michelle L
According to the US Census released in September 2001, there were 5,314,780 more women in the US than men.
So, of course the statistics will show more women released from hospitals and utilizing health care...there are a lot more of us!!

WOO-HOO!!!! more women!!!!

37g joe

only by 3% look at the stastics thats far more than 3 % on some of these bords 30% more so okay lets agree on 27% more cost by women and to journey mans comment my father inlaw works for kaiser I just talked to him. He told me that women dont pay higher preimiums Thier are laws against that. so False to you buddy

1journeyman

only by 3% look at the stastics thats far more than 3 % on some of these bords 30% more so okay lets agree on 27% more cost by women and to journey mans comment my father inlaw works for kaiser I just talked to him. He told me that women dont pay higher preimiums Thier are laws against that. so False to you buddy
Your father in law is incorrect. Health insurance is based on many things: What do you think the rate is based on? Now,as I've said, some insurance laws vary from state to state... but unless I'm mistaken life and health insurance laws are uniform. (I could be wrong on that..)
Companies use Age, ---, hobbies, habits, etc. ALL to come up with a premium. A smoker will pay more than a non-smoker, a female will pay more than a male... some companies exclude anyone with risky hobbies such as diving or sky diving...

37g joe

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Your father in law is incorrect. Health insurance is based on many things: What do you think the rate is based on? Now,as I've said, some insurance laws vary from state to state... but unless I'm mistaken life and health insurance laws are uniform. (I could be wrong on that..)
Companies use Age, ---, hobbies, habits, etc. ALL to come up with a premium. A smoker will pay more than a non-smoker, a female will pay more than a male... some companies exclude anyone with risky hobbies such as diving or sky diving...
I dont know about the life insurance laws and im not sure wheter this is due to my local area which i well check into but I agree with you on the fact on smokers have higher premimums but that is do to a choice what my understanding is and I well look into this is that gender does not play a role.