Carbon???

chadman

the "magic" carbon which you so pricklessly said whatever type tetra-tec sells to go into the tetra tec filter....

chadman

its people like you who never get anywhere because you are soooo convinced that your way is the right way...try listening to people and quit typing just to see your little name pop up there....

chadman

to sum up this thread...yes i would tell you to use carbon...i am yet to hear any negatives to it...

aztec reef

hey bro, we're all here to share our opinions, either you take or you leave it!!
i'm not telling people to do it my way, i'm just sharing my views and experiences.. you know what i mean homie?

reefkprz

Originally Posted by chadman
to sum up this thread...yes i would tell you to use carbon...i am yet to hear any negatives to it...
I agree as to there are many benifits to running carbon.
one negative is it can and will remove beinficial things as well such as Iodine, and more.
wich are usually replaced through proper water changes.
When you purchase your activated carbon filter, keep in mind that they are rated based upon the average size of the particles they are able to remove, the most effective one being rated at 0.5 microns. The least effective activated carbon filter you can buy is rated at 50 microns. (roughly)

kevin34

So how do you put carbon in your sump? Is it like a pad? What does it look like? And I have read that clams need carbon to stay healthy. So does the carbon mix in with the water or something?

earlybird

Originally Posted by Kevin34
So how do you put carbon in your sump? Is it like a pad? What does it look like? And I have read that clams need carbon to stay healthy. So does the carbon mix in with the water or something?
You can wedge it in a sock between 2 baffles or you can tie the sock to the end of your overflow tube. Just make sure the water is pushed through it. Google "carbon media bag."

dogstar

Up to everyone if they want to waste their money...IMO.
I have been keeping large reefs for over 5 years and I have rarely, hardly ever, almost never used carbon...Heres my tank. Why should I run carbon ?

cam78

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
hey bro, we're all here to share our opinions, either you take or you leave it!!
i'm not telling people to do it my way, i'm just sharing my views and experiences.. you know what i mean homie?

***)

chadman

Originally Posted by agymot
well it looks like the site is now the fightsite this is lame

no not at all i appologize....

chadman

i just don't appreciate when i am trying to give me honest opinion and some random is mocking me telling me i am a liar...

reefreak29

when i first got into salt water running carbon was a must.we didnt have skimmers and that was the best way to remove the organics.now a days its not really needed