Carbon???

meowzer

OK..my tank is looking a little hazy today...I do not use carbon in my filter, but I usually keep some on hand...But right now I'm out and it's on order...BUT i do have 2 different types of filters with ccarbon that I use for my FW tanks...can I use these, and just put a cartridge in the sump????

spanko

Yup. Place it an area of flow so that the water runs through it not just sitting in water. You think it's from the leather?

lil.guppy

I buy the big jugs of the marineland carbon. I use refilable media bags. I also use the filter cartridges that I use in my freshwater tank also.

meowzer

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/2979880
I buy the big jugs of the marineland carbon. I use refilable media bags. I also use the filter cartridges that I use in my freshwater tank also.
I use the big Marineland jugs too...I just happen to have ran out, and I just placed my order...

meowzer

OK, I put a bio bag with carbon, and one of those penguin cartridges like pictured above in my top filtration tray of sump....The haze kinda looks like a very fine smoke...all water tests I have done are good....should I do anything else???

meowzer

can't you see the pic????
Well every once in a while you get a little snowy look...that lasts a very very short time.....this is different...cause it's not going away

spanko

Couldn't hurt but I think the carbon will do more to polish the water. Don't stress let the lights go out and see what it looks like in the morning. Did it come up out of nowhere, after a water change, after a feeding?

meowzer

Out of nowhere basically....The only issue I have had is my leather problem....(btw did you look at the other pic?)
So I should stop stressing? My tank has looked so good since I got the sump...that's why I am so concerned.

Time for a drink

spanko

Yeah the leather looks better. Yes stop stressing for tonight, you put the carbon in just let it chill and look at it in the morning.

meowzer

You looked at the last pic of the leather I posted????? It looks awful in that pic....Anyway I am taking your advice (don't tell anyone though..LOL) I am just going to see what the tank looks like in the morning.....No high blood pressure for me...

spanko

Oh maybe not! The last one I saw had the polyps coming out over most of the top and the sore on the side actually looked okay. I guess I better go find that thread and take another look.

janastasio

Meowser, What is your calcium at? You mentioned it looked like its "snowing" at times in the tank, which is something described when calcium levels are way too high. Do you check calcium? Do you add any kind of alkalinity-calcium two part systems?

meowzer

Originally Posted by janastasio
http:///forum/post/2980190
Meowser, What is your calcium at? You mentioned it looked like its "snowing" at times in the tank, which is something described when calcium levels are way too high. Do you check calcium? Do you add any kind of alkalinity-calcium two part systems?
Calcium is at 480....and I don't add anything..
I always thought the snowy look was just a stirring of stuff...

meowzer

Still cloudy

I have no clue....Tomorrow I will buy some carbon from Walmart, and tomorrow night I will hang my HOT Magnum filter on tank