Carbon???

jackri

Is it possible the calcium is precipitating (sp?) out in your water column? Depends on your alk on the ability to hold it but it would be something to look into... I don't know enough of the science to explain it or know for sure.

jackri

THere is a point where the water column will no longer hold calcium and it will start to precipiate out making it cloudy (calcium, alk, pH, magnesium all play a role somehow)... not sure if this is it or not but may lead you to some new research.

jackri

That's why I say "may lead YOU to new research".
I'm tired, have 1/2 hour left of a 12 hour shift (yeah rarely busy so on here alot) and about to go home and chill with the family and tanks :D

meowzer

OK...I just spent the last hour searching threads about calcium precip...I will admit I am now more confused then I was before I started.....

spanko

Doubt this is precipitate. Are your rocks and or your glass covered with a white powder?

meowzer

FUNNY...I just got finished telling my hubby that same thing...cause I have no white on stuff like all the threads said....BUT what can it be? I don't know where elswe to look..

meowzer

Yeah, it's the 225 that I am having a problem with...I intend on doing a water change when I get home tonight...and also adding a HOB filter with carbon

dazed2040

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/2981670
Yeah, it's the 225 that I am having a problem with...I intend on doing a water change when I get home tonight...and also adding a HOB filter with carbon
I was thinking your ray is kicking up sand but I looked at the pic of your tank again and I am going to say thats not the problem...well I hope the water change helps, just be patient and a answer will come. like everything in this hobby give it time there is no quick fix for anything in saltwater.