Carne 125 (Work in progress)

fishkid13

Looks good. For the rock it mostly depends on what you want. I voted yes sense most thing would do better with more rock and such.

salt life

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3078006
I think you need more rock, and bigger pieces so you can make caves
Nice tank though
+1, need more caves. I would split it up and do 2 islands with big caves in them. JMO

mopar9012

nice tank, more rock looks better.
you said you used purple up? I read something on this site about going to a buddies tank or your own if you have some algea and scraping of some of the coraline algea and placing it in a container will a small amount of water for a couple of days and then pour that in your tank and it will cause more algea than purple up and it doesnt mess your paremeters...
now I believe it goes something along those lines. Im sure somebody knows what Im talking about and could explain it a little better.

carne0714

Thanks for the guidance....I'll give it a shot. I'm testing everyday while I'm using it....and I am not raising any levels at all. There is a 136 pounds of fully cured rock so I'm certain that keeps things in check.

spanko

The things you want to check with purple up dosing are calcium, alkalinity, and Ph. Your lighting, the fact that there is coralline already in the tank will allow the coralline to proliferate. You can always take a rock that has it on and scape it over the tank so that the flakes fall into the tank. This will aid in spreading the spores. Really no need for the purplle up at this point. Looks nice so far. Tagging along to see what develops. Welcome to SWF.

carne0714

That would look good! I found a local place that ordered too much and was selling it for $4 a pound....so I took advantage of it. Good price from what I've seen and heard.

carne0714

Added two Ocellaris Clowns last night. I've heard and was told that they don't need an Anemone to host. Can some people confirm this for me?

M

mr.reef

thats right in fact many people have a hard time just getting them to host when they put one in the tank.. my only host my frilly shrooms that i put in the tank put they will host something. i seen them in zoos and shrooms about anything...