Carpet anemone acting weird...

mr.clownfish

hi, i finally placed my carpet anemone into my 40gal from my 12gal after 6 months. i had a lot of trouble removing it from the 12gal, it attached its self to the bottom glass of the tank under the sand. so i really annoyed it when it was ripping it from its foot. after placing it into my 40gal, it didnt attach itself to anything. its wedged inside a cave and it doesn't look like it wants to attach itself to anything. Its been a week now under the cave and its exactly the same as the first day i put it in there... what should i do?

My anemone is laying in a cave the same exact way as yours is doing. I got mine today. Maybe it is just because it is just new to the tank and it is much bigger. I will keep you posted on my anemone as well. Maybe I will learn something as well. In the mean time..Can I ask you where the heck you got your Clownfish? I love that blue color.

mell

I'm really wanting to get a carpet anemone once I get some metal halides on my 125. Where'd you guys get yours, how much, and what color are they? If you don't mind me asking...

I don't have a carpet anemone. I have a long tentacle for 45. IT probably is about 4-5 inches long. and the tentacles are about 4 inches long. It has greyish-green tentacles with an bright orange foot. I will give a picture tomorrow.

mr.clownfish

i actually got my carpet from *****. LOL they say dont buy fish, but dont say anything about anemones.
it was a really nice one and cost only 30 bucks. its a green S.Haddoni
ohh and the clownfish in my avatar arent mine. i just really really like them.

its actually much greener than it looks in the pic, im using my camera phone, its super minty green. like this smiley

M

mandolihn

Wow, it's really pretty! My only concern about the behavior is that u say u ripped it from the sand? Literally or figuratively... if damage was done to the foot which is really easy to do, it may be a cause of the cave hiding/non attaching. If the foot is fine, my guess would be that it's still getting used to being moved. Can take a week or so for them to recover from moving homes.

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by Mandolihn
http:///forum/post/3271589
Wow, it's really pretty! My only concern about the behavior is that u say u ripped it from the sand? Literally or figuratively... if damage was done to the foot which is really easy to do, it may be a cause of the cave hiding/non attaching. If the foot is fine, my guess would be that it's still getting used to being moved. Can take a week or so for them to recover from moving homes.
i didnt damage the foot but i did really squish the anemone with my hands trying to pull it off the glass. it had a REALLY strong grip. its a very large anemone.
yeah it took about a week and a half, it attached itself to some live rock. im waiting for it to move onto the sand. its been couple days its attached to the LR.

haktran

Mr. Clownfish, I heard that anemone can sting you, so how did you protect yourself? I am wanting one for my tank, so I need to be prepared. Thanks.

mr.clownfish

they dont really sting humans but they can cause a rash if you are allergic to anemones. just make sure you dont have any open soars on your hands and wash your hands after touching them and you will be good