Changes in "Saltwaterfish.com"

luvmyreef

Ok, I'll play along. I would like to see them add a tab for "vendor/seller experiences" because we could let other reefers know who to stay away from.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by luvmyreef
http:///forum/post/3207581
Ok, I'll play along. I would like to see them add a tab for "vendor/seller experiences" because we could let other reefers know who to stay away from.

will never happen, that would amount to cross promotion or promoting from buying from somewhere else. and swf doesnt allow asking or telling about other vendors or vendor sites on theirs. nor does it allow privates sales or trades.

luvmyreef

Probably not. But everyone does shop at other places like their local stores for instance. So, Maybe I should of said Bad Vendor experiences. For example, I know of an online company who sells to a lot of people and his tanks are polluted with red and black bugs and flatworms. But I was just playing along.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3207598
What swimming fish?
I would like to see SHORTER PM times

You must be a long time listener first time caller. lol jj "the lov docs" South Florida Radio.
The fish swam back and forth and I used it in my smilies.
I would like to find out a way to have our older fish and reef lovers come back to the site as well as keep the new ones?.
I love SWF.com I am just trying to gather up some off the wall ideas?
efish

btldreef

Shorter wait times between PM's.
An "Advanced Hobbyist" section for more in depth questions to keep the inexperienced from answering incorrectly (this feature works great on other forums)
Fish comparability charts that are readily available. Digging through archives is not fun when you're in the middle of answering a post.
Better explanation of each fish/invert/coral like the "doctors" have
The mods to step in sooner with certain ridiculous arguments.
*this is still the best forum around though

efishnsea

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3207647
Shorter wait times between PM's.
An "Advanced Hobbyist" section for more in depth questions to keep the inexperienced from answering incorrectly (this feature works great on other forums)
Fish comparability charts that are readily available. Digging through archives is not fun when you're in the middle of answering a post.
Better explanation of each fish/invert/coral like the "doctors" have
The mods to step in sooner with certain ridiculous arguments.
*this is still the best forum around though
Well said

flower

Okay...this is not on site related...but.
I would like SWF to give us that $10.00 coupon they send to our e-mails for longer than a few days...say give a month to use it. I only get paid 2Xs a month and it seems that coupon comes right in between almost every time, so I don't order at all waiting for the coupon to fall on the right payday.
On site related...I would like the smileys to be able to be enlarged and more variety. I like to express myself…LOL

cranberry

I think the mods have made some great adjustments recently. I've been getting the feel they've backed off a little to see how far we are going to take things... to see if we will govern ourselves a little and stay within the sites guidelines. There are indeed some different personalities around here lately to stir things up, but I think we can handle it without having to be micromanaged. If at anytime you want them to step in... PM them. IMO.

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3207751

Okay...this is not on site related...but.
I would like SWF to give us that $10.00 coupon they send to our e-mails for longer than a few days...say give a month to use it. I only get paid 2Xs a month and it seems that coupon comes right in between almost every time, so I don't order at all waiting for the coupon to fall on the right payday.
On site related...I would like the smileys to be able to be enlarged and more variety. I like to express myself…LOL
Flower, wow there we go....I love it

efishnsea

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3207754
I think the mods have made some great adjustments recently. I've been getting the feel they've backed off a little to see how far we are going to take things... to see if we will govern ourselves a little and stay within the sites guidelines. There are indeed some different personalities around here lately to stir things up, but I think we can handle it it without having to be micromanaged. If at anytime you want them to step in... PM them. IMO.
The mods on this board have done nothing short perfect to their responsibilities at hand since inception. I know it from fact. Cranberry you hit the nail on the head, Great comment

t316

I would like to see a "Tank of the Month". Not just a picture of who got chosen, but pics along with a mini question/answer type deal where they explain their equipment, things they like/dislike about their system, etc. And I don't think it should be a contest where you have to "enter" and the "winner" gets chosen. It should be where SWF just randomly picks a member and asks him/her if they would like to participate. Kind of like 'get to know your neighbor' (and their tank
).